Watch: Feel the chill in Jennifer Hudson's new video for 'Where You At'
It's not just her heart that's grown cold
There’s a cold chill blowing through Jennifer Hudson’s new video for “Where You At,” but it’s not just from the abandonment she experiences in the song, it’s because they really were filming in the “freezing cold,” as she sings, in Chicago.
The video was shot during the Windy City’s most recent blizzard. All the snow is for real. It’s a miracle n Hudson can even lip sync, it’s so cold.
Luckily for her, the video moves indoors to an empty theater, among other settings, where it’s warm enough for Hudson to wear some slinky clothes to show off her awesome new body, courtesy of Weight Watchers.
[More after the jump...]
There’s not much of a plot: 99% of the Anthony Mandler-directed video is Hudson alone with her misery. We occasionally see the boy who has deserted her, but they never interact. In fact, he seems to not notice her at all in the one scene where she appears ghost-like, standing behind him and singing.
“Where You At” is the first single off Hudson’s March 22 album, “I Remember Me.”
What do you think of Hudson's new video?
News From Our Partners
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My?
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Adds 'The Shield's CCH Pounder As… David Boreanaz, Minka Kelly, Tom Felton and More Go 'Full Circle' for DirecTV Syfy's 'Helix': David Slade Directing 'Battlestar Galactica' Creator Ron Moore's New Series
- Is There Hope For Jaime & Brienne Shippers? PHOTOS: Inside Lucille Austero's New Apartment WATCH: Full-Length Trailers For 'The Millers,' 'Hostages' And 'Mom'
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
Go behind the scenes of the new magical Las Vegas extravaganzaThursday, May 23, 2013
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013