Watch: Enrique Iglesias, Lil Wayne and Usher in 'Dirty Dancer'
Can't you just guess what it's about with that title?
So as I’m watching the video for Enrique Iglesias’s “Dirty Dancer” featuring Usher and Lil Wayne, I’m thinking, as I watch one more stripper spread her legs, “Hmmm. I wonder if she waxes or shaves?” I don’t think this is the reaction he was going for.
So it’s another day and another slutty video from Iglesias. I don’t have to ask where our sweet Enrique, of the “Hero” past, went because I know exactly where to find him, whether it’s for “I Like It” or “Tonight (I’m F****** You).” He’s going to be sniffing the trail of some scantily-clad babe. Of course, when a song is called “Dirty Dancer,” it signals what’s coming.
The interesting thing about this clip is the absolute distance between Iglesias and the dancer of the moment. (We only see Usher and Lil Wayne as cut-ins). There’s no interaction between anyone in this video, which is probably part of the point of the line, “She don’t want love/she just wants to touch.” Between that and a girl who can work the pole, what more does a man want?
Iglesias is feeling pain because he knows no matter how much coin he throws in the stripper’s slot, he’s never going to be her one and only. Yawn.
No one seems particularly interested here--whether it’s Iglesias or the strippers. We like the ending, and we get the greater point of being isolated here and the whole “so near and yet so far” vibe, but can he get into the daylight for his next single, please?
News From Our Partners
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- Is There Hope For Jaime & Brienne Shippers? PHOTOS: Inside Lucille Austero's New Apartment WATCH: Full-Length Trailers For 'The Millers,' 'Hostages' And 'Mom'
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My?
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Adds 'The Shield's CCH Pounder As… David Boreanaz, Minka Kelly, Tom Felton and More Go 'Full Circle' for DirecTV Syfy's 'Helix': David Slade Directing 'Battlestar Galactica' Creator Ron Moore's New Series
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
Go behind the scenes of the new magical Las Vegas extravaganzaThursday, May 23, 2013
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013