Watch: Christmas roundup with Justin Bieber, Kelly Clarkson, My Morning Jacket and more
Plus your daily dose of Bah! Humbug! from Diamond Rugs and Sunny Sweeney
Admit it. You wanted a Santa Claus who knows how to pop and lock for Christmas, didn’t you? Well, look no further, because everyone’s favorite holiday elf, Justin Bieber, has just delivered one to your internet stocking. In his new video for “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town,” the toys, Santa’s helpers, and Kris Kringle himself are all breaking into head spins.
The only one who looks like he isn’t having a good time is Mr. Under the Mistletoe himself. In his 8,000th holiday video this week, Bieber seems very concerned and intense about Santa Claus’s arrival or maybe the steampunk glove he’s wearing is just a little too tight.
The live action video, embedded below, is the second from Bieber for “Santa Claus is Coming To Town”; the first was an animated clip to accompany “Arthur Christmas.” Arthur makes a few very unobtrusive drop in for this video, but otherwise, knows to stay the hell out of the kitchen. Given that this arrangement follows the Jacksons’ version, there is a very sweet little homage to the group. See if you can figure it out.
[More after the jump...]
As the big day comes closer, we’ve got Christmas love from a number of other artists today as well.
If you like your Christmas songs a little more traditional, Kelly Clarkson turns in a faithful, languid rendition of “I’ll Be Home For Christmas,” embedded below, that has just the right amount of yearning.
My Morning Jacket also covers “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” featuring The Head and The Heart on their new iTunes Sessions EP, available today. The 7-track goody features six holiday-themed tunes, including two new songs, as well as a live version of Circuital’s “Wonderful (The Way I Feel).” If you like your Christmas music with a healthy heaping of twang and pedal steel, check out “When The Bells Start Ringing” featuring The Head and the Heart, which is available as a free download via iTunes today.
Need a little Bah! Humbug? Check out Diamond Rugs’ “Christmas in a Chinese Restaurant.” Things just simply couldn’t be going worse for our protagonist, who’s wife has kicked him out of his house for telling his kid that Santa doesn’t exist. He’s left to wander the cold and lonely streets. Best line? “How’s the turkey? How’s the ham? I can’t finish my moo goo gai pan.” Not familiar with Diamond Rugs? It’s a new outfit featuring John McCauley and Robbie Crowell, both from Deer Tick; The Black Lip’s Ian Saint Pe, Los Lobos’ Steve Berlin, Dead Confederate’s Hardy Morris and Six Finger Satellite’s Bryan Dufresne. The song is streaming below.
If you’re a fan of new country singer Sunny Sweeney or if your family is one of those for whom Christmas is just another dysfunctional day, you must check out “One More Christmas Beer.” You have to buy it to hear the whole thing, but, really, who can resist lines like “If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em/get drunk and annoy them...God bless the family/Can’t wait till it’s over/pass me one more Christmas beer.”
If you're not stuffing mistletoe in your ears yet and want more Christmas stuff, check out last week's holiday round up.
News From Our Partners
- Crosstalk: A fan and a newbie catch up on the first season of The Venture Bros. AVQ&A: What are your favorite and least favorite cultural baits and switches? Podmass: The Dice Man infiltrates podcasting, Casey Wilson chokes up on The JV Club, and Kumail vs. Maron
- Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? 'The Office' Finale: Michael Scott's Surprise Appearance And Your New 'American Idol' Is ...
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- 'The Office' Series Finale Review: "Finale" 'Anger Management' Review: "Charlie and the Break-Up Coach" 'Hannibal' Review: "Fromage"
- Mariah Carey Medleys, Jennifer Lopez Lives It Up With Pitbull on 'American Idol' Finale [Videos] Candice Glover Wins 'American Idol' Season 12 Beyonce Gets Emotional Onstage in Belgium [Video]
Watch the Foo Fighters' hilarious speech now before it airs on HBOThursday, May 16, 2013
Phoenix is also on soundtrack for Sofia Coppola-directed filmThursday, May 16, 2013
Where does Mariah Carey's '#Beautiful' #debut?Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Rappers will appear with Bone Thugs N Harmony and Wu-Tang ClanWednesday, May 15, 2013