Carrie Underwood and her mom share memories in touching 'Mama's Song'
See real photos of Underwood growing up -- no, she never had an awkward stage
Art imitates real life in Carrie Underwood’s new video for “Mama’s Song.” The clip for the tune, about a daughter getting married, features Underwood’s real-life mother going through photos of her baby growing up---up to the singer’s recent wedding.
Though the only appear together in one scene, Underwood reassures mama she’ll never lose her. “As you watch me walk down to my future/I hope tears of joy are in your eyes.”
It’s an incredibly sweet song and, undoubtedly, one that no parent will be able to watch without getting a tear in his or her eye, although part of us railed against the ‘50s sentiment that a woman goes straight from being a daughter to a wife and that is the main achievement to be celebrated.
Underwood’s husband, hockey player Mike Fisher, appears in a cameo--mainly his chin and shoulder. All we can say is there’s going to be hell to pay if he doesn’t treat her right after this loving tribute to him. That would be a fascinating video to see.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
Oh, and we’re sure the site of your daughter getting on a private plane, is probably enough to ease any parent’s worries. That’s a shot that may have been best to leave out if Underwood’s trying to make sure that her fans can relate to her.
News From Our Partners
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In! 'Star Trek' And Klingon: Learn The Language Of The Aliens!
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
Phoenix is also on soundtrack for Sofia Coppola-directed filmThursday, May 16, 2013
Where does Mariah Carey's '#Beautiful' #debut?Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Rappers will appear with Bone Thugs N Harmony and Wu-Tang ClanWednesday, May 15, 2013
'They Don't Know' featured on next album, 'X'Wednesday, May 15, 2013