Watch: Beyonce wants to know 'Why Don't You Love Me' in new video
Bey struts around in stilettoes and thigh highs in an effort to win her fella's love
Oh Beyonce, it doesn’t matter how great you look in pin-up outfits (and you look unbelievable), being needy is never attractive.
In the video for “Why Don’t You Love Me,” which as my colleague Katie Hasty pointed out yesterday, is the ninth single from “I Am… Sasha Fierce,” she runs through an amazing array of outfits from the ‘60s, each more fetching than the next. We don’t know a lot of women—okay, any—who try to fix their car or do their housework in stilettos and thigh highs, but most women don’t look like Beyonce. However, as she asks repeatedly “Why Don’t You Love Me” like a banshee, it becomes a bit of grand theater—just as it’s meant to be. She's rocking a whole Joan Crawford look in several of the outfits, when she's not recalling a saucy Betty Page.
The whole video is adorable in its ‘50s-‘60s sitcom way, especially the opening where Beyonce’s trying to fix her car, a la "i Love Lucy" and holds a wrench as if she’s never had one in her hands before. The clip is a dream for costume and wig freaks and B carries off every single look and still manages to not look trashy. She’s definitely loosened up from hanging out with Lady GaGa, but has managed to completely keep her dignity. Stay classy, B!
News From Our Partners
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video] Oreo 'Wonderfilled' Ad – What's the Song?
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013
The Twitterverse says yes, her rep says noFriday, May 17, 2013
Watch the Foo Fighters' hilarious speech now before it airs on HBOThursday, May 16, 2013
Phoenix is also on soundtrack for Sofia Coppola-directed filmThursday, May 16, 2013