Watch: Backstreet Boys go vamp in new video
Check out the throwback dance moves in the first single 'Straight Through the Heart'
Good grief. Now even the Backstreet Boys are getting in on the vampire craze. On the Boys' video for "Straight Through the Heart," the first single from their forthcoming album, the foursome (reduced from a quintet following Kevin Richardson's departure) play Day Walkers, a group "who band together to protect innocent mortals [from] vampires who hunt for prey at bars and nightclubs," or so text at the opening of the video tells us.
The clip is basically "Thriller" meets "Twilight" meets "True Blood" meets "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" meets "Sons of Anarchy" (check out the bikers in the bar-as if they would EVER be caught dead seeing BSB...). We threw in the "Thriller" part because Howie Dorough is wearing a red leather jacket in what we can only hope is an homage to Michael Jackson and the "Thriller" video.
Basically, the Boys (who need to do something about that name since some of them are practically approaching middle age... maybe they can borrow Boyz II Men's moniker since they aren't making much use of it) are performing their new song in a night club, while they secretly track a fabulously foxy vampiress. They subsequently toss her out into daylight, causing her to vanquish. But not before she leaves her mark on one of the Boys! We smell a sequel!
The video is pretty lame, but the song is what we've come to expect and love from BSB a mid-tempo slower burner with great harmonies and an undeniable chorus. Does it measure up to their best (such as "I Want It That Way" or "As Long As You Love Me?"). No, but it's certainly jangly and fun. Not so much the video...
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Adds 'The Shield's CCH Pounder As… David Boreanaz, Minka Kelly, Tom Felton and More Go 'Full Circle' for DirecTV Syfy's 'Helix': David Slade Directing 'Battlestar Galactica' Creator Ron Moore's New Series
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- Is There Hope For Jaime & Brienne Shippers? PHOTOS: Inside Lucille Austero's New Apartment WATCH: Full-Length Trailers For 'The Millers,' 'Hostages' And 'Mom'
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
Go behind the scenes of the new magical Las Vegas extravaganzaThursday, May 23, 2013
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013