Watch: Arcade Fire's video for 'Ready to Start'
Don't adjust your set; it's meant to be in black and white
For as breathlessly critically lauded as they are, it’s somewhat refreshing to know that Arcade Fire can be just as clichéd as any rock band.
In the new video for “Ready to Start,” the first single from “The Suburbs,” the Canadian group serves up a live performance of the driving, high-energy tune captured at the Hackey Empire in London. The clip was serviced exclusively to Spanish newspaper El Mundo, which says the video is meant to showcase the “epic and intense spirit” of Arcade Fire’s live performances. Or at least that’s how Consequence of Sound translated it and since we don’t speak Spanish, we’re taking their word for it.
If that’s the case, then mission somewhat accomplished. I don’t know if the slow motion or shooting in black and white do anything to enhance the joy that can be an Arcade Fire gig, but Arcade Fire seems to think that audience members going crazy verrrrrry sloooowly and without color ups the intensify factor.
The clip focuses on the group’s charismatic co-founders and current first couple of rock and roll, Win Butler and Regine Chassagne, both of whom are compelling to watch.
Check it out for yourself.
News From Our Partners
- Inventory: “Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money”: 20 inept magicians in pop culture For Our Consideration: The crowd-funding conundrum: The line between bringing fans closer and taking advantage Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback
- WATCH: SNL Spoofs San Francisco's Bacon Bacon Controversy Mike Hogan: The Wedding From Hell WATCH: 'SNL' Takes On IRS Scandal
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games? FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19)
- 'Mad Men' Review: "The Crash" 'Game of Thrones' Review: "Second Sons" 'Star Wars Episode 7′ — Jonathan Rhys Meyers to Join the Cast?
- Nicki Minaj Gives Lil Wayne a Lap Dance During 'High School' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] David Guetta, Akon + Ne-Yo 'Play Hard' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] Prince Closes 2013 Billboard Music Awards With Rare Performance Medley
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and Prince set to performSunday, May 19, 2013
So is the new album title really 'Yeezus?'Sunday, May 19, 2013
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013