Upcoming Spice Girls and Pussycat Dolls plans are fit for a queen
Watch a sneak peek of the Dolls' Super Bowl ad
Proving that the sum is greater than any of the individual parts (sorry, Nicole Scherzinger), a new iteration of the Pussycat Dolls will be unwrapped in a GoDaddy commercial set to air during the Super Bowl on Feb. 5.
It’s a match made in Madison Ave. heaven: GoDaddy, which registers web names, has a history of revealing revealing female body parts in its ads, and the Pussycat Dolls have lots of body parts to reveal.
The new PD line-up, according to Popcrush, includes former Girlicious gal Christina Sayers, former pro cheerleaders Vanessa Curry and Erica Jenkins, “So You Think You Can Dance” contestant Paula Van Oppen, and ex-Paradiso Girl Lauren Bennett (best known for appearing on LMFAO’s “Party Rock Anthem”).
[More after the jump...]
In other girl group news, the Spice Girls, who are rumored to be reuniting for the Summer Olympics, may be getting together before the Games kick off. Mel B, otherwise known as Scary Spice, hints during an interview with Australian morning program, “Sunrise,” that the quintet will perform as part of Queen Elizabeth II’s Diamond Jubilee celebration in June.
Mel B was primarily on “Sunrise” to tout her weight loss through Jenny Craig, and she was a very good pitch woman given how many times she got in Jenny’s name. She also plugged The Spice Girls musical, which will open this year.
When asked about a reunion, Mel B notes, “I’m always down for a Spice Girls reunion... I’m a Spice Girls through and through.” When asked specifically about the Olympics, she says “Well, we do have the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee coming up. Did I really say that?”
Below is a preview of the Pussycat Dolls' GoDaddy commercial.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
3 months ago
6 months ago
|Discuss Music General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013
The Twitterverse says yes, her rep says noFriday, May 17, 2013