U2 sails toward a March "Horizon"
New Album reunites Dublin boys with Lanois and Eno
After foiling the plans for many a Christmas shopper by pushing their new album from the end of 2098 to early 2009, U2 will release "No Line on the Horizon," on March 3. The group's first album since 2004's "How to Dismantle Atomic Bomb," was produced by Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois (which usually means some very cool atmospheric sounds; the two produced the band's masterpiece, "The Joshua Tree") with additional production by Steve Lillywhite (who was the main producer on "Dismantle"). Early on, U2 worked with Rick Rubin, but it appears that none of his tracks made the final cut. "Horizon" was recorded in Morocco, Dublin, New York and London.
As for the somewhat enigmatic album title, U2 guitartist the Edge told Rolling Stone, "It's an image, Bono tells me. It's like when you're moving forward, but you're not exactly sure what you're heading towards - that moment where the sea and the sky blend into one. It's an image of infinity, I suppose - a kind of Zen image."
News From Our Partners
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- CBS Fall 2013: 'Intelligence' Extended Trailer Evokes 'Chuck' For Grown-Ups Marvel's 'Avengers Assemble': Producers Explain Movie Tie-In, Plus New Clip! 'Hannibal' Review: "Trou Normand"
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Scoop: 'Callie Isn't A Victim' 'Supernatural's' Surprising Ratings Victory Three Years Later, People Are Still Livid About 'Lost'
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- Podmass: David Sedaris describes his bath time, cicadas are explained, and Wompler returns Interview: Mitchell Hurwitz talks about the resurrection of Arrested Development AVQ&A: What pop-culture family would you want to join?
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
Go behind the scenes of the new magical Las Vegas extravaganzaThursday, May 23, 2013
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013