There's no stopping her: Taylor Swift on first headlining tour
Kellie Pickler along for the ride for spring/summer outing
In two quick years, Taylor Swift has gone from obscurity to chart topper and now to headliner. After opening for the likes of Rascal Flatts and Keith Urban, Swift starts her first headlining tour April 23 in Evansville, Ind. (There are three isolated dates in February and March, including a date at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo where she sold 71,000 tickets-yes, you read that right).
Venues are still to be announced, other than a May 22 date at Los Angeles' Staples Center, so it looks like it will definitely be an arena tour. Tickets in most cities start at a face value of $20.
Swift, whose "Fearless" album has spent eight weeks on top of the Billboard 200, was Nielsen SoundScan's top selling artist of 2008. Her ascent started as pretty much a commercially driven one, but with "Fearless," her second full-length studio album, critics hopped on board, praising her for her songwriting prowess. I interviewed Swift recently and for someone who's only 19, she has an almost uncanny business sense and a commendable work ethic.
The tour, which also features Kellie Pickler (one of Swift's best friends) and Gloriana, is slated to play 52 cities in North America over a six-month span. Swift will also, as previously announced, play 10 dates with Keith Urban on his tour later this year.
Keep checking the Hitfix Entertainment Forecast for specific dates.
News From Our Partners
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Tickets go on sale on FridayTuesday, May 21, 2013
She is woman, hear her roarTuesday, May 21, 2013
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013