Taylor Swift's "Fearless" Stays No. 1 on Billboard 200
Beyonce learning to live with being No. 2
Taylor Swift starts 2009 the same way she ended 2008: On top of the Billboard chart. "Fearless" logs its fifth (non-consecutive) week at No. 1, according to Nielsen SoundScan and Billboard. That's the good news, the bad news is sales of "Fearless" dived to 90,000 copies. That's a 66% sales drop. However, that's not an indication of any less love for Swift-sales generally tale off after Christmas (although use of gift cards, mega-sales etc. used to make the week after Christmas one of the biggest of the year, that would seem to no longer be the case-sales were down 14% over the same week last year, according to Billboard).
Billboard notes that Swift's 90,000 units mark the first time since February of last year that an album in the pole position has sold less than 100,000. She still, however moves nearly 30,000 more copies than when Alicia Keys hit that dubious mark with "As I Am." The week of Feb. 3, 2008, Keys landed in the top spot with sales of 61,000.
News From Our Partners
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013
The Twitterverse says yes, her rep says noFriday, May 17, 2013