Sugarland, Lady Antebellum, Brooks & Dunn vie for best country vocal in our 2010 Grammy Predictions
Which country act takes home the statue?
As we continue the countdown to the Jan. 31 Grammy Awards, we’re feeling a little bit country.
Best Country performance by a duo or group with vocals:
“Cowgirls Don’t Cry,” Brooks & Dunn
“Chicken Fried,” Zac Brown Band
“I Run to You,” Lady Antebellum
“Here Comes Goodbye,” Rascal Flatts
“It Happens,” Sugarland
How sentimental are Grammy voters? That’s the question here. If the voters feel like honoring Brooks & Dunn one more time as they do their victory lap prior to calling it quits, then they’ll win for sure. They’ve won twice before. Sugarland’s Jennifer Nettles is the best vocalist of the bunch and Sugarland won last year in this category, but “It Happens” borders on being a novelty song, as does “Chicken Fried.” Lady A’s “I Run to You” is still running on the momentum of winning CMA single of the year and the feeling that the trio represents the face of young country (along with Taylor Swift). Rascal Flatts has been nominated before and is likely to be a bridesmaid again here. Lady A deserves to win, but I’m betting that either Brooks & Dunn wins as a goodbye present or Sugarland wins on the strength of Nettles’ voice, not because of the weak song.
The Grammy goes to: “Cowgirls Don’t Cry,” Brooks & Dunn
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013