Staind, Shinedown, Chevelle go on 'Stimulate This' tour
Tickets priced to move at less than $40. Is it low enough?
Concerts have often been seen as recession proof, but we've never seen times quite this bad before so acts and promoters continue to come up with tempting ways to put butts in seats.
Rock bands Staind, Shinedown, Chevelle and Halestorm embark on the "Stimulate This" tour on July 1. Tickets for most dates will be under $40, with some venues offering lawn seats for as low as $10-that's $2.50 per band, folks.
There will also be further incentives in each venue that range from discounted concessions at the venue, online merchandise discounts and tie-ins with local retailers.
There's a part of me that wonders if all this discounting will hurt concert tickets when the recession improves, but I'm pretty sure the answer is no. For one thing, we're not really seeing top ticket prices come down-and we won't. Not as long as someone is willing to pay $500 to sit in the front row of a Britney Spears concert or $300 plus to see Madonna.
What we're witnessing is acts are playing with the bottom range of tickets in an effort to draw in fans who are sitting on the fence. Any artist would much rather play to a full house, even if the majority of seats were sold on the cheap, than to a quarter house. Plus, the more people in the venue, the higher the merchandise sales so artists are making up some of the shortfall on cheaper tickets my more t-shirt sales.
Back to "Stimulate This," Atlantic Records, which is home to three of the four bands on the bill, will also give away five pairs of tickets to each date on the tour via its website, www.atlanticrecords.com.
The tour dates are below:
1 Peoria, IL Peoria Civic Center
2 St. Paul, MN Harriet Island*
4 Detroit, MI DTE Energy Music Theatre
7 Roanoke, VA Roanoke Convention Center
9 Columbia, MD Merriweather Post Pavilion
10 Gilford, NH Meadowbrook US Cellular Pavilion
12 Saratoga Springs, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center*
14 Boston, MA Bank of America Pavilion
16 Wallingford, CT Chevrolet Theatre
17 Asbury Park, NJ Asbury Park Convention Hall
21 Pikeville, KY Eastern Kentucky Expo Center
22 Corbin, KY Southeastern KY Agricultural & Expo
24 Evansville, IN Roberts Stadium
25 Dubuque, IA Dubuque County Fair*
26 Brookings, SD Swiftel Center
28 Rapid City, SD Rushmore Plaza Civic Center Arena
29 Billings, MT MetraPark Arena
31 Rochester, MN Mayo Civic Center*
10 Ridgefield, WA The Amphitheatre at Clark County
13 Denver, CO The Fillmore Auditorium
14 Rio Rancho, NM Santa Ana Star Center
15 Lubbock, TX Lonestar Amphitheater
18 Laredo, TX Laredo Entertainment Center
28 Toledo, OH Toledo Zoo Amphitheatre
30 Philadelphia, PA Festival Pier at Penn's Landing
News From Our Partners
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and Prince set to performSunday, May 19, 2013
So is the new album title really 'Yeezus?'Sunday, May 19, 2013
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013