Seether, Tinie Tempah and Moby lead May 17 release dates
Let's clear the way for Lady Gaga's May 23 arrival
As the world waits for Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way’s” birth on May 23, the release slate for major artists slows to a trickle for a week. That means that Adele’s “21” likely gets one more week at the top of the Billboard 200 before Momma Monster takes over. In the meantime, there are some tasty treats out May 17.
Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi, “Rome” (Capitol): Danger Mouse (aka Brian Burton) and Italian composer Luppi wrote a number of songs based on classic Italian film music and recorded with many of the elder musicians who originally recorded on such historic movies “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” and “Once Upon A Time in the West.” Guests include Jack White and Norah Jones.
Bela Fleck & The Flecktones, “Rocket Science” (E1): Multi-genre instrumental group full of trailblazing musicians records its first album with co-founding member Howard Levy back in the regular line-up since 1992.
Ben Harper, “Give Till It’s Gone” (Virgin): Tremendously talented guitarist/vocalist follows up his excellent 2009 album, “White Lies for Dark Times,” which featured his band Relentless 7, with his first solo album since 2006‘s “Diamonds on the Inside.” Guests include Jackson Browne and Ringo Starr.
Moby, “Destroyed” (Mute): Electronic/ambiant musician Moby sets forth his 10th studio album, which was written largely on tour and late at night during bouts of insomnia. A book of photography with the same name is coming out simultaneously.
Naughty By Nature, “Anthem Inc.” (Illtown/Tommy Boy Entertainment): It’s been a very long time since we’ve been down with “O.P.P.,” but for fans who are still into this hip-hop trio, “Anthem Inc.” marks the first album with Kay Gee since he left the band in 2000 (he came back in 2006)..
Parachute, “The Way It Was” (Mercury): Led off by first single, “Something to Believe In,” adult contemporary pop group returns with a new album.
Seether, “Holding Onto Strings Better Left to Fray” (Wind-Up): South African rock group that loves long titles returns with its fifth studio album, helmed by Brendan O’Brien.
Tinie Tempah, “Disc-Overy” (Capitol): British rapper, who is already a sensation in his native U.K., finally gets a release date in the U.S. for his Brit Award-winning album.
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and Prince set to performSunday, May 19, 2013
So is the new album title really 'Yeezus?'Sunday, May 19, 2013
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013