Scotty McCreery 'Clearly' enters Billboard 200 at No. 1 and sets records
Who else bows in the top 10?
Scotty McCreery is sitting on top of the world — or at least on top of a number of records. “American Idol’s” Season 10 winner charged onto the Billboard 200 this week at No. 1 selling 197,000 copies of “Clear as Day.” (We interviewed McCreery this morning and will post that interview later today).
As if that were not enough of a triumph, he entered the record books as well: McCreery is the first country act to bow at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with his debut album, and McCreery is the youngest male artist of any genre to start at the top spot with his debut release, according to Billboard.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
As we previously noted, McCreery is also the first “American Idol” winner to enter the Billboard 200 at No. 1 with his debut album since Ruben Studdard in 2003. It’s a feat accomplished only by three of the “Idol” champs: McCreery, Studdard, and Kelly Clarkson, whose “Thankful” started at No. 1 seven months before Studdard.
Running down the rest of the chart, Adele’s “21” moves 3-2 and is the only other title in the Top 10 to surpass the 100,000 mark. Tony Bennett’s “Duets II” rises 4-3, while Lady Antebellum’s “Own The Night” jumps 6-4. J. Cole’s “Cole World: The Sideline Story” falls from 1-5, while Lil Wayne’s “Tha Carter IV” inches 7-6.
That means we have no more debuts until we get to No. 7, where Feist’s “Metals” opens, giving the Canadian singer/songwriter her first Top 10 album. Two more debuts follow: Rodney Atkins’ “Take a Back Road” at No. 8 (read Hitfix’s interview with Atkins here) and Jack's Mannequin’s “People and Things” at No. 9. No. 10 is reserved for Blink-182’s “Neighborhoods,” which tumbles 2-10.
News From Our Partners
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Tickets go on sale on FridayTuesday, May 21, 2013
She is woman, hear her roarTuesday, May 21, 2013
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013