Santana goes 'Supernatural' in Vegas
Rocker becomes latest vet to start Sin City residency
First there was Celine, then Elton, Cher and Bette ... now it's Carlos's turn.
Carlos Santana is the latest veteran artist to take up residence in Sin City. In a multi-year deal, his band, Santana, will play 36 dates per year at The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
"Supernatural Santana: A Trip through the Hits" starts May 27. Tickets, priced from $79 to $299, go on sale today.
The show will span Santa's 40 year-career, including his first hit, "Evil Ways" up through "Smooth" and more. Santana will be accompanied by a full band. The stage and production were designed by the same designer who handled Madonna's "Sticky & Sweet" tour.
In a statement, Santana said, "Because I still live the principles of the 1960s, and because I'm a hippie at heart, ‘A Trip through The Hits' is designed to bring everyone in the audience together as one. I invite you to join our experience-we'll mix up a little practical spirituality with a rebel-from-the-street vibe, and with lots of incredible music. My wish is for it to be a night that will move you to dance, to cry, to laugh and to feel the totality and fullness of being alive."
I'm not so sure how to reconcile being a hippie with what has to be the least "hippie-ish" city in the world, but if anyone can do it, it's Santana.
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013