New Eminem, 'Crack A Bottle' -- Worth the wait?
Track reunites Eminem with Dr. Dre
With a spoken intro welcoming back "the undisputed, most diabolical villain in the world, Slim Shady," "Crack a Bottle," is a sinewy, slow-burner with lazily rolling beats. Eminem shares the mic with both producer Dr. Dre and 50 Cent, who contribute verses.
Worth the wait? Yes and no. It's instantly catchy and impossible to keep from tapping your toes, but it is nowhere near Eminem's best like "Stan" or "Lose Yourself." Lyrically, it's pretty tame stuff: references to oral sex and "bitches hopping in my Tahoe" who forget to bring condoms. It's a scary thought that Eminem is doing more to preach safe sex than the outgoing administration ever did.
In an exclusive e-mail interview with Billboard last month, Eminem talked about "Relapse," his new album due this Spring on Shady/Interscope. It's his first studio CD since 2004's "Encore." "Me and Dre are back in the lab like the old days, man," told Billboard's Jonathan Cohen. "Just him banging away on tracks and me getting that little spark that makes me write to it. I don't have chemistry like that with anyone else as far as producers go -- not even close. Dre will end up producing the majority of the tracks on Relapse.' We are up to our old mischievous ways ... let's just leave it at that."
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- 'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: The Rise of an American Legend 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013
Plus, watch Dave Grohl perform 'Bitch' with The Rolling StonesMonday, May 20, 2013
Guests on third country set include Lady Antebellum and Sheryl CrowMonday, May 20, 2013
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and Prince set to performSunday, May 19, 2013