Music Power Rankings: Madonna tops Justin Bieber
1) Madonna: She lands her eighth No. 1 album with “MDNA.” FNTSTC.
2) Justin Bieber: Believers take “Boyfriend” to a No. 2 debut on the Billboard Hot 100 as the song breaks the record for first week airplay on Billboard’s Mainstream Top 40 chart. His fans are finally tall enough to reach the radio dial.
3) Lionel Richie: “Tuskegee” lands the ex-Commodore his highest debut on the Billboard 200 in 26 years. That’s one and a half Justin Bieber lifetimes.
4) Miranda Lambert: She wins her third straight best album trophy from the Academy of Country Music Awards and graciously admits she’s fine if the torch is passed to someone else now.
5) Sons of the Beatles: Paul’s son, James McCartney; John Lennon’s son, Sean ;and George Harrison’s son, Dhani have “shown support” for forming a band, according to James. Somewhere, Julian Lennon raises his hand and whispers “I’m over here!”
6) Jim Marshall: The creator of rock n’ roll amplifiers dies at 88. Turn it up forever and always.
7) Bob Dylan: Following the interpretive, Dylan flick 2007’s “I’m Not There,” Robert Zimmerman’s most famous album, 1975’s “Blood on the Tracks” gets optioned for a movie. Did people learn nothing from the 1978 awful movie “Sgt. Pepper?” #horribleidea
8) One Direction: The boy band will headline Madison Square Garden in December. This is on the strength of ONE top 10 radio hit....Are they the first pop act where social media means everything and airplay nothing?
9) Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw: They joined together for this summer’s hottest tour, but first, they released “Feel Like A Rock Star,” which after one day became the most played song on the chart. It is likely to become only the second song to bow at No. 1 on Hot Country Songs following Garth Brooks’ “More Than A Memory” in 2007. “Feel Like A Country Star” just doesn’t have the same ring....
10) Carrie Brownstein: Beloved indie figure, star of “Portlandia,” member of Wild Flag and Sleater-Kinney and NPR blogger signs deal to write her own memoir. In a just world, it would be bigger than “Bossypants.”
2013 | Thriller | RSummary: Based on the true story of Daniel Lugo (Mark Wahlberg) a Miami bodybuilder who wants to live the American dream. He would like to have the money that other people have. So he enlists the help of fellow bodybuilder Adrian Doorbal (Anthony Mackie) and ex-convict, Christian bodybuilder Paul Doyle (D...Director: Michael Bay
Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, Anthony Mackie, Tony Shalhoub
2013 | Comedy | NRSummary: Insanely funny comedy show created by Amy Schumer, who stars in brilliantly funny sketches about sex, city living, dating, and friendship.Director: Daniel Powell, Amy Schumer (creators)
Cast: Amy Schumer, Kevin Kane, Mike Houston
1996 | Crime | RSummary: Jerry, a small-town Minnesota car salesman is bursting at the seams with debt... but he's got a plan. He's going to hire two thugs to kidnap his wife in a scheme to collect a hefty ransom from his wealthy father-in-law. It's going to be a snap and nobody's going to get hurt... until people start ...Director: Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
Cast: William H. Macy, Frances McDormand, Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare
1995 | Mystery | NRSummary: Denzel Washington plays an out of work WWII vet who takes the wrong job and is soon neck-deep in a mess of politics, murder, and jazz in '40s Los Angeles.Director: Carl Franklin
Cast: Denzel Washington, Tom Sizemore, Jennifer Beals
2008 | Science Fiction | PGSummary: Animated series continues the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker as they battle the Emperor Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous, but also takes time to explore other smaller characters in the Star Wars universe.Director: George Lucas (creator)
Cast: Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter
2013 | Drama | RSummary: Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill have boundless energy in the story of a real-life commodities crook who earned millions through scummy small-time stock trades.Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie
2007 | Comedy | PGSummary: Newlyweds Nick (Ice Cube) and Suzanne (Long) decide to move to the suburbs to provide a better life for their two kids. But their idea of a dream home is disturbed by a contractor (McGinley) with a bizarre approach to business.Director: Steve Carr
Cast: John C. McGinley, Ice Cube, Nia Long, Aleisha Allen
1993 | Sports | PGSummary: Emotionally powerful sports classic featuring Sean Astin as a skinny high school kid with big football dreams and the determination to make his way towards his dream team at Notre Dame.Director: David Anspaugh
Cast: Sean Astin, Jon Favreau, Ned Beatty
1997 | Crime | RSummary: Quentin Tarantino adaptats an Elmore Leonard novel into this story of a few increasingly desperate people scraping to get by. It has deep soul, a wicked sense of humor, and Samuel L. Jackson, Robert De Niro, Pam Grier, and Robert Forster.Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster
Let Streaming Genie help you.