Music Power Rankings: Beyonce, Justin Timberlake and Britney make the list
Music Power Rankings goes pop for the fourth of July
1. Beyonce: “4” looks like it will be Bey’s fourth solo album to hit No. 1 on the Billboard charts. Who says you need a hit single?
2. Justin Timberlake: He is one of the investors who purchased MySpace in a fire sale from News Corp. Man, he’ll do anything to keep from putting out another album, won’t he?
3. Doug Morris: Former WMG and UMG head now starts his tenure as head of Sony Music. Hey Roger Faxon: give him a week at EMI just so he can run all four.
4. Kanye West: His G.O.O.D. imprint finds a new home at Island Def Jam. John Legend, one of the first acts on the G.O.O.D. imprint from when West launched it several years ago, remains at Sony. First release under the new deal, Big Sean’s “Finally Famous,” will come in top 10 next week.
6. U2: This is a first. The Irish band will sell the four-legged claws from its 360 tour, the highest grossing tour in history, to be used for pavilions or amphitheaters. The massive structures (there are four complete sets) are 29,000-square feet. Everything must go! No reasonable price will be refused!
7. Britney Spears: Dance diva scores her 21st Top 40 hit as “I Wanna Go” soars 60 spots from 89-29 on the Billboard Hot 100. We think Spears wants to go straight to No. 1.
8. Javier Colon: The winner of the first season of “The Voice” gets a huge second chance after bring dropped by Capitol. He’ll now see how his next chapter plays out on Universal Republic.
9. Pitbull: Cuban-American rapper does what no other act has been able to do for almost two months: knock Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep” out of the top spot on the Hot 100. After weeks of playing bridesmaid, Pit finally gets to walk down the aisle to No. 1.
10. Bjork: Icelandic musical wizard unveils “Crystalline,” the first song from her album/app/multimedia “Biophilia” project. Does it come with a swan dress?
News From Our Partners
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013