Music Power Rankings: Beyonce, Justin Timberlake and Britney make the list
1. Beyonce: “4” looks like it will be Bey’s fourth solo album to hit No. 1 on the Billboard charts. Who says you need a hit single?
2. Justin Timberlake: He is one of the investors who purchased MySpace in a fire sale from News Corp. Man, he’ll do anything to keep from putting out another album, won’t he?
3. Doug Morris: Former WMG and UMG head now starts his tenure as head of Sony Music. Hey Roger Faxon: give him a week at EMI just so he can run all four.
4. Kanye West: His G.O.O.D. imprint finds a new home at Island Def Jam. John Legend, one of the first acts on the G.O.O.D. imprint from when West launched it several years ago, remains at Sony. First release under the new deal, Big Sean’s “Finally Famous,” will come in top 10 next week.
5. Jill Scott: After a battle with former home, Hidden Beach, wonderful R&B singer starts her own label and takes her latest album straight to No. 1 for the first time. I guess life’s not a beach for her.
6. U2: This is a first. The Irish band will sell the four-legged claws from its 360 tour, the highest grossing tour in history, to be used for pavilions or amphitheaters. The massive structures (there are four complete sets) are 29,000-square feet. Everything must go! No reasonable price will be refused!
7. Britney Spears: Dance diva scores her 21st Top 40 hit as “I Wanna Go” soars 60 spots from 89-29 on the Billboard Hot 100. We think Spears wants to go straight to No. 1.
8. Javier Colon: The winner of the first season of “The Voice” gets a huge second chance after bring dropped by Capitol. He’ll now see how his next chapter plays out on Universal Republic.
9. Pitbull: Cuban-American rapper does what no other act has been able to do for almost two months: knock Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep” out of the top spot on the Hot 100. After weeks of playing bridesmaid, Pit finally gets to walk down the aisle to No. 1.
10. Bjork: Icelandic musical wizard unveils “Crystalline,” the first song from her album/app/multimedia “Biophilia” project. Does it come with a swan dress?
1993 | Sports | PGSummary: Emotionally powerful sports classic featuring Sean Astin as a skinny high school kid with big football dreams and the determination to make his way towards his dream team at Notre Dame.Director: David Anspaugh
Cast: Sean Astin, Jon Favreau, Ned Beatty
2008 | Science Fiction | PGSummary: Animated series continues the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker as they battle the Emperor Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous, but also takes time to explore other smaller characters in the Star Wars universe.Director: George Lucas (creator)
Cast: Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter
2013 | Drama | RSummary: Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill have boundless energy in the story of a real-life commodities crook who earned millions through scummy small-time stock trades.Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie
2013 | Comedy | NRSummary: Insanely funny comedy show created by Amy Schumer, who stars in brilliantly funny sketches about sex, city living, dating, and friendship.Director: Daniel Powell, Amy Schumer (creators)
Cast: Amy Schumer, Kevin Kane, Mike Houston
1995 | Mystery | NRSummary: Denzel Washington plays an out of work WWII vet who takes the wrong job and is soon neck-deep in a mess of politics, murder, and jazz in '40s Los Angeles.Director: Carl Franklin
Cast: Denzel Washington, Tom Sizemore, Jennifer Beals
1997 | Crime | RSummary: Quentin Tarantino adaptats an Elmore Leonard novel into this story of a few increasingly desperate people scraping to get by.Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster
Let Streaming Genie help you.