Taylor Swift receives one CMA nomination, Miranda Lambert gets nine
Other top nominees? Lady Antebellum and Zac Brown Band
Miranda Lambert leads the list of artists nominated for the Country Music Association Awards with nine nods, the most for a female artist in the ceremony’s 44 years.
The most awards she can go home with will be seven since she’s competing with herself in two categories.
Lady Antebellum received five nominations, while Zac Brown Band and Blake Shelton received four. The finalists were announced in a two-day process including this morning on “Good Morning America.”
Lambert is nominated in the coveted entertainer of the year award, as are Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum and Zac Brown Band. The ZBB is the first act to be nominated for entertainer of the year and new artist in the same year since Ricky Skaggs in 1982. (ZBB was nominated for new artist last year as well; turns out you can be nominated twice).
Taylor Swift received only one nomination for female vocalist of the year. While “Fearless” and its singles would have been too old for eligibility, she surely should have been a contender for entertainer of the year given how wildly successful her tour was.
Many artists took to Twitter to comment on their nominations.
Lambert tweeted: "OH MY DEAR LORD!!! I can't believe this is happening. Thank you country music for letting me live my dream. God bless this industry!" She later commented on how happy she was for her finance Shelton for his nominations. The two will square off in three categories.
Lady A's Dave Haywood tweeted: "SO humbled by the nominations!!! Very excited. Would be more excited if my mom @SCLadyA would be my date for the show. mom?"
Alan Jackson, who received 10 nominations in 2002, holds the record for more nods in one year.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
For a complete list of nominees, go to www.cmaworld.com
And, just a reminder, “Country’s Night to Rock:CMA Music Fest,” featuring performances from Tim McGraw, Swift and several others , airs tonight at 8 p.m. on ABC.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal 'The Wolverine' New Trailer: More Ninjas, More Action and Jean Grey?
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
Tickets go on sale on FridayTuesday, May 21, 2013
She is woman, hear her roarTuesday, May 21, 2013
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013
Plus, watch Dave Grohl perform 'Bitch' with The Rolling StonesMonday, May 20, 2013