Mike Posner, Blake Shelton, Zakk Wylde lead diverse Aug. 10 new music releases
Can Posner's single success translate to album sales?
A few new artists lead the Aug. 10 release slate, most notably Mike Posner. He’s already made a name for himself with his first two singles, “Cooler than Me” and “Please Don’t Go,” both of which sweetly blend pop and R&B. Eli “Paperboy” Reed, this week’s significant other newcomer, is a throwback to the smooth vocal stylings of Sam Cooke and James Brown. The biggest name of the week is country artist Blake Shelton, who is coming off his sixth No. 1, “Hillbilly Bone.” He returns with a new EP called “All About Tonight.” The title track already reached the Top 5 of the country charts.
Black Label Society, “Order of the Black” (E1): Zakk Wylde’s band fires another hard rock shot across the bow following 2006’s “Shot to Hell,” this time with new drummer Will Hunt on the skins. Hunt, best known for his work with Tommy Lee and Evanescence, replaced Craig Nunemacher.
Mike Posner, “31 Minutes to Takeoff” (J): If first two singles “Cooler than Me” and “Please Don’t Go,” mix-tape sensation/Duke grad Posner is off to a rollicking start with his blend of pop, R&B and dance. Read review here.
Eli “Paperboy” Reed, “Come and Get It” (Capitol): Reed channels music from way before he was born, primarily, the horn-driven R&B acts of the ‘60s and ‘70s as well as such legends as Wilson Pickett and James Brown, on this self-penned set ably produced by Mike Elizondo ( Eminem, Pink, Fiona Apple). Listen as he croons and howls through such tracks as the title track and “Explosion” and try to keep your feet still.
Blake Shelton, “All About Tonight” (Warner Music Nashville): Fresh off his No. 1 hit, “Hillbilly Bone,” Shelton returns with his second six-pack, as his label experiments with the idea of releasing a few EPs every couple of months instead, The title track, all about instant gratification and living for the moment, reached No. 5 on Billboard’s country chart, making Shelton’s first back-to-back top 10s.
Various Artists, “Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam” (Walt Disney): The soundtrack to the Disney Channel original movie of the same name features new music from the likes of the Jonas Bros. (collectively and individually), Demi Lovato, Meaghan Jette Martin and Matthew “Mdot” Finley. We’re holding them that “final jam” promise.
News From Our Partners
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In! 'Star Trek' And Klingon: Learn The Language Of The Aliens!
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?
- One Direction Announce Where We Are Stadium Tour for 2014 Miley Cyrus Wants Everyone to Know She's Still Engaged by Posting This New Pic Most Anticipated Album Release for June 2013 – Readers Poll
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)
Where does Mariah Carey's '#Beautiful' #debut?Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Rappers will appear with Bone Thugs N Harmony and Wu-Tang ClanWednesday, May 15, 2013
'They Don't Know' featured on next album, 'X'Wednesday, May 15, 2013
'X Factor' judge's material doesn't always match her strong pipesTuesday, May 14, 2013