LL Cool J named host of the 54th annual Grammy Awards; joins performers Foo Fighters, Nicki Minaj, Taylor Swift
'NCIs Los Angeles' star is first host in seven years
LL Cool J will host the 54th annual Grammy Awards, marking the first time the music awards show has featured a host in seven years.
The move makes sense for several reasons: LL Cool J has hosted The Grammy Nominations Concert Live since its inception three years ago; he’s a two-time Grammy winner himself, and then, of course, The Grammys air on CBS and LL Cool J stars in “NCIS Los Angeles,” which runs on CBS. Plus, he’s a fun and genial host with a broad appeal.
Past hosts include Billy Crystal, Ellen DeGeneres and Rosie O’Donnell. However, for the last several years, the Grammys used a voice-over to announce presenters with no host.
The Grammys will be broadcast live on Sunday, Feb. 12, 8 ET and are tape-delayed for the west coast. Just a brief aside: the Grammys are the only major awards show that doesn’t air live on the West Coast. We’d love to see that change.
As we previously reported, among the performers appearing on the 54th Annual Grammy Awards are Foo Fighters, Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift. The Grammys Awards are produced by John Cossette Productions and AEG Ehrlich Ventures.
News From Our Partners
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
Watch the Foo Fighters' hilarious speech now before it airs on HBOThursday, May 16, 2013
Phoenix is also on soundtrack for Sofia Coppola-directed filmThursday, May 16, 2013
Where does Mariah Carey's '#Beautiful' #debut?Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Rappers will appear with Bone Thugs N Harmony and Wu-Tang ClanWednesday, May 15, 2013