Listen: Pearl Jam's new song, 'Ole'
Group debuts tune on 'Jimmy Fallon'
Pearl Jam debuted a new song, “Ole,” on “Jimmy Fallon” Thursday night as part of its two-night stint on the late-night talk show. The band then immediately made the song available as a free download on its website.
The 2:33 little punk nugget is all about the attitude and not about the lyrics, which are rather inane. Although that’s the point, as Vedder sings “I ain’t got words for what goes on/I ain’t got words for all that’s wrong.” It’s more about Matt Cameron’s thrashing, Mike McCready’s screeching guitar and Vedder’s slightly unhinged vocal
[More after the jump...]
It sounds like it took about five minutes to write, but that’s part of the charm and its rush of immediacy.
Cameron Crowe’s documentary, “Pearl Jam 20,” debuts at the Toronto International Film Festival on Sept. 10, while the band’s accompanying soundtrack to the film and a coffee table book come out Sept. 20.
What do you think of “Ole?”
News From Our Partners
- Watch 2PM Give Each Other Hugs, Spankings + Piggyback Rides at '2PM Is Back With Genie' Concert [Video] Would Adam Lambert Judge 'American Idol?' [Video] Chris Brown Receiving Death Threats
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Announcement Trailer is Full of Swords and Ponytails SNL: Ben Affleck Joins the "Fiver Timers Club" and Explains His Oscar Speech SNL: Iran Responds to 'Argo' With a Film of Its Own
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
So is the new album title really 'Yeezus?'Sunday, May 19, 2013
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013