Listen: Miley Cyrus 'Can't Be Tamed' on new single
She also can't be 'blamed' or 'shamed,' because she's 'hot like that'
Miley Cyrus is going to be hell on wheels when she turns 18 later this year. Or maybe she’ll finally quit trying so desperately to show us she’s all grown up. For the last year or so, this little Disney-created princess has acted like a filly kicking so hard against the stable door to get out that she doesn’t realize how great her paddock actually is.
And she’s not about to notice now. Listen to the whole track here.
“Can’t be Tamed,” the first single from her forthcoming album of the same name contains the following lyrics: “I have to get my way/24 hours a day because I’m hot like that. Every guy everywhere just gives me mad attention like I’m under inspection…because I’m built like that.” And fair warning: if you’re going to be her man, she can’t be tamed… or shamed or blamed…you get the idea. We also think she sings that she can’t be “saved” quite a few times, which would go quite against her Christian church-going background. Oh, Miley, you’re such a rebel.
Musically, the tune, co-written by Cyrus, is watered-down Britney Spears. It makes “Party in the USA” (which grew on me) sound like a classic. The bridge contains nuggets of what would have been a much better song: that feeling of knowing you’re moving on and while your body may still be temporarily trapped somewhere—high school, a small town, any number of clichés will do—your spirit is ready to soar and no one can stop it. You feel like you'll literally die if you can't get out. Set all that to a techno beat and you’ve got a great anthem. This, however, is not it.
As we reported earlier, Cyrus has hinted that “Can’t Be Tamed” will be her last album, at least for a little while. That may be a good thing if this is the best she’s got to offer.Cyrus has talent, both singing and comedic chops. Maybe a little time off to think about where she wants to go as an adult couldn't hurt.
News From Our Partners
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Demi Lovato vs. Perrie Edwards – PopCrush Prom Queen of 2013, Round 3 Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video]
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013
The Twitterverse says yes, her rep says noFriday, May 17, 2013
Watch the Foo Fighters' hilarious speech now before it airs on HBOThursday, May 16, 2013