Listen: Kelly Clarkson starts new girl group, Already Famous
Will we get music from them before Clarkson's new solo album?
Are girl groups making a comeback? First, Miranda Lambert starts Pistol Annies with two buddies, now Kelly Clarkson has launched Already Famous.
The trio is Clarkson and her two back-up singers Jill Pickering and Kate Rapier. The ladies have recorded four songs, according to Idolator. Plus, while Pickering and Rapier may be relegated to back-up with Clarkson when touring with her, all three are equal when it comes to this new venture. They tweeted: “We switch on different songs. We all sing lead, alto, and soprano at different points.”
[More after the jump...]
And how can you not love a band that swears it took its name from going to “Sephora and pick[ing] the funniest nail polish name. No deeper meaning.”
No word on if there is a formal release forthcoming, although we have Clarkson’s fifth studio album to look forward to sometime this fall.
In the meantime, here’s a link to teeny snippet of the trio singing in the studio, plus below is a link the threesome dig in to Miley Cyrus’s “The Climb” before forming Almost Famous was even a twinkle in their eyes.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- Demi Lovato vs. Perrie Edwards – PopCrush Prom Queen of 2013, Round 3 Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video]
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013
The Twitterverse says yes, her rep says noFriday, May 17, 2013
Watch the Foo Fighters' hilarious speech now before it airs on HBOThursday, May 16, 2013