Listen: Justin Bieber's new single, 'Mistletoe'
Another Bieber tune gets a big movie placement
Has there ever been a line that captured Justin Bieber’s “I’m not a boy, not yet a man” vibe more than “I should be playing in the winter snow, but I’m going to be under the mistletoe?”
That’s his dilemma in “Mistletoe,” the lead-off single from his forthcoming holiday album, “Under the Mistletoe,” which comes out Nov. 1. Bieber debuted the live version of the reggae-tinged tune in Rio two weeks ago and we get the video tomorrow at 7:54 p.m. EDT on MTV, followed by an interview (SCREAM!!!) But just in case you’re not all Biebered out already, here’s the full studio version of “Mistletoe,” which premiered on Ryan Seacrest’s radio show today. We like the punch and energy of the live version better.
[More after the jump...]
Guests on the album, as we previously reported, include Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Busta Rhymes, The Band Perry, and Usher. Many of the tracks are holiday standards, such as “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town” and “Silent Night,” although Bieber includes his lovely track, “Pray” on here as well.
In other news, Bieber told Seacrest that he'll be one of the performers, including Lady Gaga, in "Dick Clark's Rocking New Year's Eve," which Seacrest co-hosts with Clark. Plus, "Arthur Christmas," the 3D, CG-animated film about Santa's youngest son, Arthur, will featured Bieber's rendition of "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town" and the video for the tune, which will include film footage, will air before the movie in theaters. Additionally, "Mistletoe" will be used in select TV ads for "Arthur Christmas."
Which do you like better? The live version or the studio version of "Mistletoe"
News From Our Partners
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- Hear This: With “Deceptacon,” Le Tigre captured the sound of youth in a song Watch This: Walter Hill’s The Driver is all about work done well Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
- Joe Satran: Who's Winning The 'Game Of Thrones'? Andrew Jenks: Where Guns Are as Common as Cell Phones Renee Graziano: Look Before You Love
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013
Plus, watch Dave Grohl perform 'Bitch' with The Rolling StonesMonday, May 20, 2013
Guests on third country set include Lady Antebellum and Sheryl CrowMonday, May 20, 2013
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and Prince set to performSunday, May 19, 2013