Listen: Evanescence's first new single in five years
Self-titled third album out Oct. 25
Evanescence returns with its third studio album, and its first in five years, on Oct. 11 with a self-titled set.
“What Your Want,” the first single from the Nick Raskulinecz-produced went to radio this morning. “It’s about freedom,” the group’s Amy Lee told MTV about the first single. Of the album, Lee said, “We are so excited to release this thing. We’ve been working on this music for a very long time and seeing it all finally come together is a really amazing feeling. The album is about us and also our fans-- we’ve combining the best of Ev with some new attitude and we’re just dying to share it.”
[More after the jump...]
The set has certainly had a hard birth with original producer, Steve Lillywhite, and the band parting ways and Raskulinecz coming in and then the band needing to leave to studio to work on the songs some more, but it’s finally finished. Of course, for many folks, Evanescence really ended being Evanescence after co-founder Ben Moody left the band in 2003 after "Fallen's" release. Amy Lee remains the only original member.
The band debuted the song live on MTV Monday night (we've embedded the performance below). What do you think? It reveals a bit of a funkier, bass-driven side of Ev than we’re used to combined with the same heaviness that has been its trademark since "Fallen" and 2006's "The Open Door." While we haven’t always enjoyed Ev’s songs, we’ve always liked Lee’s Ann Wilson-like ability to belt and stay on key. We predict a strong run at rock radio, but a return to the days of “Bring Me To Life”-like success is unlikely.
Evanescence tour dates
Oct 10 Oakland Fox Theatre
Oct 11 Los Angeles Palladium
Oct 14 Phoenix Comerica Theatre
Oct 19 Dallas Palladium
Oct 21 Milwaukee Eagles Ballroom
Oct 22 Chicago Congress Theatre
Oct 24 Detroit Royal Oak Music Theatre
Oct 25 Toronto The Sound Academy
Oct 27 Montreal Metropolis
Oct 28 Boston Palladium
Oct 30 Atlantic City Showboat - House of Blues
Nov 1 NYC Terminal 5
News From Our Partners
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Adds 'The Shield's CCH Pounder As… David Boreanaz, Minka Kelly, Tom Felton and More Go 'Full Circle' for DirecTV Syfy's 'Helix': David Slade Directing 'Battlestar Galactica' Creator Ron Moore's New Series
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My?
- Is There Hope For Jaime & Brienne Shippers? PHOTOS: Inside Lucille Austero's New Apartment WATCH: Full-Length Trailers For 'The Millers,' 'Hostages' And 'Mom'
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
Go behind the scenes of the new magical Las Vegas extravaganzaThursday, May 23, 2013
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013