Linkin Park re-ups for a third 'Transformers' film with new song
Rock group heads to the 'Dark of the Moon' with Michael Bay
Megan Fox may not be a continuing part of Michael Bay’s “Transformers” series, but Linkin Park keeps hanging in there with the franchise.
The group will supply the end-title song for Paramount’s “Transformers: Dark of the Moon,” marking the third go-round for the rock band and the “Transformers” series.
They aren’t writing a song specifically for the movie, however. Instead, current single “Iridescent,” from current album, “A Thousand Suns,” will be revamped for the movie.
Previously, “What I’ve Done” appeared in the first “Transformers” film, while “New Divide” was in 2009’s “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.” Linkin Park’s Joe Hahn will direct the video for “Iridescent.”
[More after the jump...]
Here’s “Iridescent,” in case you haven’t heard it before. Close your eyes and imagine lots of metal robots and bad acting. It follows a somewhat familiar pattern to Linkin Park songs: a soft, slow opening before exploding into something bigger, although it’s more anthemic, almost U2-ish, than the usual LP, snarking fare.
You can also get into the mood by looking at this must-see
we posted on Friday.
News From Our Partners
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal 'The Wolverine' New Trailer: More Ninjas, More Action and Jean Grey?
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Tickets go on sale on FridayTuesday, May 21, 2013
She is woman, hear her roarTuesday, May 21, 2013
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013