Lady Gaga reveals new details about new album, 'Born This Way'
When will her little monsters get the new release?
Early 2011 means a new album from Lady Gaga and as its release looms closer, she’s letting more details slip out.
The release date for “Born This Way” still hasn’t been announced, but she told the BBC backstage at a London show that the album is "a marriage of electronic music with major, epic, dare I even say, metal or rock 'n' roll, pop, anthemic style melodies with really sledge-hammering dance beats." She appeared at London's O2 Arena Dec. 16-17.
Though she’s previewed album track, “You and I,” it’s unclear as to whether that will be the first single, which Lady Gaga says will come out in February, with the album to come shortly thereafter.
She revealed a few more details, adding that the album’s lyrics were inspired by her interactions and love for her fanatic followers. "It's really written by the fans, They really wrote it for me because every night they're funnelling so much into me,” she told the BBC’s Newsbeat. “So I wrote it for them. ‘Born This Way’ is all about my little monsters and me, mother monster.”
Below is a clip of Lady Gaga performing "You an I" on "The Today Show" this summer.
Lady Gaga's tour rolls to a close tomorrow night as she performs in Paris to make up for a Sunday's show, which was postponed. The tour will start again in February.
News From Our Partners
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and Prince set to performSunday, May 19, 2013
So is the new album title really 'Yeezus?'Sunday, May 19, 2013
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013