Kelly Clarkson's "My Life" makes history
Album release moves to March 10
Kelly Clarkson's "comeback" single, "My Life Would Suck Without You" soars to No. 1 on Billboard's Hot 100 this week.
The uptempo track jumps 97-1, breaking the record for the biggest one week leap in the history of the chart. Clarkson trumps Britney Spears' catapult from 96-1 with "Womanizer."
It is her first No. 1 since her 2002 debut single, "A Moment Like This." She displaces Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" from the summit.
The move is propelled by digital sales of the song: it sold 279,605 downloads in its first week of release. "My Life" is also doing well at radio (although, make no mistake, it's the digital sales that pushed this puppy to the top). It is No. 38 on Billboard's Hot 100.
All this excitement has caused the label to move the release of Clarkson's new album, "All I Ever Wanted," up a week from March 17 to March 10. They no doubt figured it has a better chance to come in at No. 1 that week.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- 'Grimm' Season Finale Review: "Goodnight, Sweet Grimm" 'The Killing' Season 3′s Latest Trailer: The Beginning of a New Spree! 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Zod Will Make Us Suffer
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- Who Won 'DWTS'? Backstage Drama Leads To 'Nashville' Changes Who Went Home On 'The Voice'?
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- HomeVideo Review: My Neighbor Totoro / Howl’s Moving Castle TV Club 10: What made The Middle one of the best family comedies in years For Our Consideration: Will indie-rock reunions become just part of the plan?
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Tickets go on sale on FridayTuesday, May 21, 2013
She is woman, hear her roarTuesday, May 21, 2013
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013