Ke$ha's 'Tik Tok' blocks 'We are the World 25 for Haiti' from No. 1 on Hot 100
This makes it nine weeks for the Diddy-namechecker
Never underestimate the power of skank over the power to do good: Ke$ha’s “Tik Tok” keeps charity single “We Are the World 25 for Haiti” out of the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100. It would seem that the appeal of brushing one’s teeth with Jack Daniels trumps making the world a better place.
It’s “Tik Tok’s ninth week at the top of the chart. According to Billboard, Ke$ha’s second single, “Blah, Blah, Blah” featuring 3OH3! is similarly storm trooping up a chart: it is No. 11 on Billboard’s Hot 100, led primarily from digital sales.
“Tik Tok’s” block of “World” from the top spot means that bragging rights in the charity single department go to competing single “Everybody Hurts,” which, as we previously reported, hit the top spot on the U.K.’s singles chart this week.
A little chart trivia: Jason Derulo’s “In My Head” progresses to No. 9 making it the second single, following “Whatcha Say,” from his debut album to reach the Top 10. That makes him the first artist on Warner Bros. in 21 years to take two songs from his debut album into the top 10. The last was Karyn White in 1989.
News From Our Partners
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal 'The Wolverine' New Trailer: More Ninjas, More Action and Jean Grey?
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Tickets go on sale on FridayTuesday, May 21, 2013
She is woman, hear her roarTuesday, May 21, 2013
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013