Katy Perry's 'Dreams' stay afloat on the Billboard Hot 100
Who will knock her off the top? Bruno Mars or Rihanna?
Katy Perry’s “Dream” continues as “Teenage Dream,” stays at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for the second week in a row. This means she and Eminem have had a lot on the No. 1 spot for the last four months between “California Gurls,” “Love the Way You Lie” featuring Rihanna, and now “Dreams.”
Who’s in position to end their stranglehold? It could be Bruno Mars, whose “Just the Way You Are” moves 4-3 on the Hot 100 and into the top spot on Billboard’s Hot Digital Songs chart. The song is also gaining radio listeners which bodes well for its continued ascension, according to Billboard.biz.
Other noteworthy moves on the Hot 100 include Flo Rida’s fifth Top 10 with “Club Can’t Handle Me” featuring David Guetta, which moves 13-9. The track has already sold 743,000 downloads. Disney cutie Selena Gomez and her group, The Scene, mark their third debut in the Top 40 with “A Year Without Rain,” the first single and title track from her Sept. 21 album.
Michael Buble, coming off his biggest pop hit yet (“Haven’t Met You Yet”), enters the Hot 100 with “Hollywood.” The track, off of the deluxe “Crazy Love Hollywood Edition,” coming Oct. 25, bows at No. 55. “Haven’t Met You Yet” peaked at No. 24.
In a sad note, the death of LFO’s Rich Cronin sends digital downloads of the trio’s biggest hit, “Summer Girls,” soaring. The track, which reached No. 3 in 1999, sees a 502% gain in downloads following his passing.
News From Our Partners
- WATCH: Jon Stewart Shuts Down Bill O'Reilly '900 Pound Man: The Race Against Time': Is It Too Late? Ashley Benson Is Not Dating All Of Her Friends
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- Weekend Movies: 'The Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6,' & 'Epic' (VIDEO) 'Dazed and Confused' Sequel: Richard Linklater Says It May Shoot This Fall Morgan Freeman Falls Asleep During Interview for New Movie
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- 'Rush' Trailer: The Risk of Death Turns People On Need for Speed Rivals Will Race onto Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Sonic: Lost World's Six New Characters are Teased
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds
Go behind the scenes of the new magical Las Vegas extravaganzaThursday, May 23, 2013
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013