Justin Bieber may get more than a kiss on next week's Billboard 200 with 'Mistletoe'
Wale, Susan Boyle and Miranda Lambert all come on strong
Justin Bieber is getting an early Christmas present next week: no, not a bundle of joy, but rather a No. 1 album as “Under The Mistletoe” is on target to sell up to 220,000 copies.
That would make the title Bieber’s third No. 1 album. And he’s only 17. But “Mistletoe” is only one of six new titles revamping the top 10 of the Billboard 200 next week. Bolstered by the success of hit single, “That Way,” rapper Wale could see “Ambition” blast onto the chart at No. 2, with sales of as much as 175,000 copies. That’s certainly a nice leap from his last album, which peaked at No. 21, according to Billboard.
Susan Boyle’s “Someone To Watch Over Me,” also looks strong with the potential to sell 150,000 in its opening frame. Boyle has become a standby for fourth quarter releases since capturing the world’s attention on “Britain’s Got Talent.”
Miranda Lambert’s “Four the Record” will likely bow atop the Billboard Country album chart, but will have to settle for No. 4 on the Billboard 200. However, that number will be good enough to give her her highest debut so far.
The other big debuts will be Florence + the Machine’s “Ceremonials,” which will likely chart around No. 7, according to Hits Daily Double, and Tyrese’s “Open Invitation,” whose 70,000 units could land it at No. 10 (that’s great news for sales given that there have been weeks when 70,000 landed an album at No. 1!).
This week’s No. 1, Coldplay’s “Mylo Xyloto,” will still sell more than 100,000 copies, but will like drop to No. 5, while Adele’s “21” drops out of the top 5 for the first time since its February release, moving to No. 6. Michael Buble’s holiday album, “Christmas,” drops to No. 8, while Kelly Clarkson’s “Stronger” falls to No. 9.
The chart will be posted next Wednesday.
News From Our Partners
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Nicki Minaj Gives Lil Wayne a Lap Dance During 'High School' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] David Guetta, Akon + Ne-Yo 'Play Hard' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] Prince Closes 2013 Billboard Music Awards With Rare Performance Medley
- 'Mad Men' Review: "The Crash" 'Game of Thrones' Review: "Second Sons" 'Star Wars Episode 7′ — Jonathan Rhys Meyers to Join the Cast?
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- WATCH: SNL Spoofs San Francisco's Bacon Bacon Controversy Mike Hogan: The Wedding From Hell WATCH: 'SNL' Takes On IRS Scandal
- Inventory: “Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money”: 20 inept magicians in pop culture For Our Consideration: The crowd-funding conundrum: The line between bringing fans closer and taking advantage Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and Prince set to performSunday, May 19, 2013
So is the new album title really 'Yeezus?'Sunday, May 19, 2013
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013