Justin Bieber may get more than a kiss on next week's Billboard 200 with 'Mistletoe'
Wale, Susan Boyle and Miranda Lambert all come on strong
Justin Bieber is getting an early Christmas present next week: no, not a bundle of joy, but rather a No. 1 album as “Under The Mistletoe” is on target to sell up to 220,000 copies.
That would make the title Bieber’s third No. 1 album. And he’s only 17. But “Mistletoe” is only one of six new titles revamping the top 10 of the Billboard 200 next week. Bolstered by the success of hit single, “That Way,” rapper Wale could see “Ambition” blast onto the chart at No. 2, with sales of as much as 175,000 copies. That’s certainly a nice leap from his last album, which peaked at No. 21, according to Billboard.
Susan Boyle’s “Someone To Watch Over Me,” also looks strong with the potential to sell 150,000 in its opening frame. Boyle has become a standby for fourth quarter releases since capturing the world’s attention on “Britain’s Got Talent.”
Miranda Lambert’s “Four the Record” will likely bow atop the Billboard Country album chart, but will have to settle for No. 4 on the Billboard 200. However, that number will be good enough to give her her highest debut so far.
The other big debuts will be Florence + the Machine’s “Ceremonials,” which will likely chart around No. 7, according to Hits Daily Double, and Tyrese’s “Open Invitation,” whose 70,000 units could land it at No. 10 (that’s great news for sales given that there have been weeks when 70,000 landed an album at No. 1!).
This week’s No. 1, Coldplay’s “Mylo Xyloto,” will still sell more than 100,000 copies, but will like drop to No. 5, while Adele’s “21” drops out of the top 5 for the first time since its February release, moving to No. 6. Michael Buble’s holiday album, “Christmas,” drops to No. 8, while Kelly Clarkson’s “Stronger” falls to No. 9.
The chart will be posted next Wednesday.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013
The Twitterverse says yes, her rep says noFriday, May 17, 2013