Xtina who? It's the vampires vs. the singing nerds on next week's album chart
Where does that leave Christina Aguilera?
Two cultural phenomena duke it out for the top spot on next week’s Billboard 200: Will the vampires conquer the nerds? Right now, it’s neck and neck (every pun intended) between the Glee Cast’s “Journey to the Regionals” and the soundtrack for “Twilight Saga: Eclipse,” according to Hits Daily Double. Both look to sell up to 170,000 copies. (In the meantime, the last “Glee” album, “Vol. 3, Showstoppers,” will likely land at No. 9).
That means Christina Aguilera, who has practically been going door to door promoting her new album, “Bionic,” will debut at No. 3 with sales of around 120,000. This was definitely not the plan. Her last studio album, 2006’s “Back to Basics,” debuted at No. 1, selling 346,000 copies in its first week. The album has some strong singles on it and we’re hoping that the label just picked the wrong single (“Not Myself Tonight”) to open with.
Of the six debuts in the top 10, the other two belong to country stars: Dierks Bentley’s excellent “ Up on the Ridge” will come in at No. 7, while Jewel continues her foray into country, with “Sweet and Wild” landing at No. 10.
Had you considered buying Christina's new album? If you didn't, what made you pass?
News From Our Partners
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013
The Twitterverse says yes, her rep says noFriday, May 17, 2013