Is new Rihanna on the way? The singer hints that 'the wait is ova'
Mark Nov. 23 on your calendar.
Rihanna sent fans a cryptic message today via Twitter. With plenty of characters left to spare, she simply tweeted “The wait is ova. Nov 23 09.” We can’t imagine she’s telling us anything other than the release date for her new album.
But we might not have to wait that long to hear some music. There are rumors floating around that the first single is going to drop any minute now. We’ll post it the second it does.
But back to the album: Nov. 23 is a Monday, which is the one day earlier than the standard release date for albums. However, a number of acts are planning on moving that week’s releases up from Tuesday to Monday to get a jump on the Thanskgiving holiday. That week also officially kicks off the holiday shopping season.
Here’s what else we know about Rihanna’s album: producers include Justin Timberlake, Christopher “Tricky” Stewart and U.K. dance music team Chase & Status. Timberlake has said that the follow-up to her 2007 smash “Good Girl Gone Bad” will sound “a little more grown up.”
Tricky told rap-up.com that he and Rihanna were headed into the studio in mid-October and that his plan was to “try to chase greatness.” He also vowed the new work would sound different than mega-hit “Umbrella.” We come out with something that sounds like “Umbrella,” they’re gonna be saying that we tried to do something that sounded like “Umbrella.” That’s not what the great artists do. They don’t even allow you to do stuff like that. Every great artist always wants to hear something they’ve never heard before
Rihanna is currently riding high on the charts on her guest spot on Jay-Zs “Run This Town.”
Still no confirmation on when her ex-boyfriend Chris Brown will release his next album, although there’s speculation it will be in early December. His first single, "I Can Transform Ya,” came out at the end of September.
News From Our Partners
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- WATCH: Jon Stewart Shuts Down Bill O'Reilly '900 Pound Man: The Race Against Time': Is It Too Late? Ashley Benson Is Not Dating All Of Her Friends
- Former Cast Member Bill Hader Reveals Justin Bieber Was Diva on 'SNL' Set Rihanna vs. Nicki Minaj: Which Diva Has the Best Booty? – Readers Poll Rita Ora Dyes Her Hair Bright Blue [Pics]
- Weekend Movies: 'The Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6,' & 'Epic' (VIDEO) 'Dazed and Confused' Sequel: Richard Linklater Says It May Shoot This Fall Morgan Freeman Falls Asleep During Interview for New Movie
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- 'Rush' Trailer: The Risk of Death Turns People On Need for Speed Rivals Will Race onto Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Sonic: Lost World's Six New Characters are Teased
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds
Go behind the scenes of the new magical Las Vegas extravaganzaThursday, May 23, 2013
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013