Is new Rihanna on the way? The singer hints that 'the wait is ova'
Mark Nov. 23 on your calendar.
Rihanna sent fans a cryptic message today via Twitter. With plenty of characters left to spare, she simply tweeted “The wait is ova. Nov 23 09.” We can’t imagine she’s telling us anything other than the release date for her new album.
But we might not have to wait that long to hear some music. There are rumors floating around that the first single is going to drop any minute now. We’ll post it the second it does.
But back to the album: Nov. 23 is a Monday, which is the one day earlier than the standard release date for albums. However, a number of acts are planning on moving that week’s releases up from Tuesday to Monday to get a jump on the Thanskgiving holiday. That week also officially kicks off the holiday shopping season.
Here’s what else we know about Rihanna’s album: producers include Justin Timberlake, Christopher “Tricky” Stewart and U.K. dance music team Chase & Status. Timberlake has said that the follow-up to her 2007 smash “Good Girl Gone Bad” will sound “a little more grown up.”
Tricky told rap-up.com that he and Rihanna were headed into the studio in mid-October and that his plan was to “try to chase greatness.” He also vowed the new work would sound different than mega-hit “Umbrella.” We come out with something that sounds like “Umbrella,” they’re gonna be saying that we tried to do something that sounded like “Umbrella.” That’s not what the great artists do. They don’t even allow you to do stuff like that. Every great artist always wants to hear something they’ve never heard before
Rihanna is currently riding high on the charts on her guest spot on Jay-Zs “Run This Town.”
Still no confirmation on when her ex-boyfriend Chris Brown will release his next album, although there’s speculation it will be in early December. His first single, "I Can Transform Ya,” came out at the end of September.
News From Our Partners
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- What To Watch This Memorial Day Weekend Is The New 'Bachelorette' Engaged? Tavis Smiley Marks 10th Year On PBS
- The CW's 'Cult' Returns from Cancellation June 28 'White House Down' Featurette: Roland Emmerich Revists White House-Based Mayhem Jimmy Fallon Goes 'Game of Thrones' For 'Late Night's "Game of Desks"
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
Singer takes to Facebook to respondSaturday, May 25, 2013
Who else debuts in the top 10?Saturday, May 25, 2013
The Purple One delivers goodies for the Memorial Day WeekendFriday, May 24, 2013
Singer also performs 'Beautiful' with MiguelFriday, May 24, 2013