Interview with Adam Lambert: 'Whatever the cost, so be it'
He's here for your entertainment
A: You know what’s really funny about that is I’m not thinking, “Oh, I have to come up with something shocking.” I really feel like I’m just standing there, being interviewed, answering a bunch of questions and I think it’s actually the journalists who can choose to sensationalize something that I say. I really feel for the most part I’m being 100% myself and just being candid and open and no secrets and it gets kind of turned around sometimes or maybe it’s blown out of proportion…Sometimes I’ll go back and read something and be like (laughs), “That’s an interesting way to interpret what I said, okay.” It’s like what I’m saying being interpreted by somebody else. It’s actually kind of funny to me; I get a kick out of it.
A: I’m a little older and I’ve been in the entertainment industry for a minute and I think that I just kind of have gotten clear on what I want I’d like to go for. It’s like someone gives you an opportunity and goes, “Guess what? You just got a major record deal. Now what?” You have one of two choices: you can kind of be afraid of it and let someone else be in charge of it or you can step up to the plate and [say, “Okay, cool. Thanks a lot for the opportunity and here we go and this is what I want to do.” You can either steer or let someone else steer and I like to steer (laughs).
A: No, this is the album I wanted to make. Of course, there were some time constraints. There are some limitations considering I was on tour this summer and we only had a little while to put it out. I can guarantee you I will grow in the next couple of years and evolve, but for where I’m at right now, I’m very proud of this.
A: Yeah, it was random. The producer that I worked with on that song, he had a relationship with Rivers and they had begun to write this song together. He showed it to me and I said that’s a great song, I want to do that and at least that’s my end of it. I think Rivers did an interview saying they had written it for Weezer and Weezer didn’t want it, so whatever. I don’t even know what the story is anymore.
A: Oh gosh, what’s next? What’s tomorrow? Right now, I’m just focused on looking ahead and then also being in the moment itself, but at night after I go to bed after a long day, I go, “Okay, that was today, you digested it and what’s tomorrow, what’s next on the agenda.”
A: I guess the inflexibility of it all, but you now what? It’s all about how you look at it. I spent the last couple of years working on a show where it was a routine, eight shows a week and I kind of burned out on that lifestyle. I really love the adventure that I’m on now, I love that it’s all in support of my project. I feel like I finally have reached my full potential. On a personal level, I’m doing what I love and it feels good. So whatever the cost of that is, so be it.
News From Our Partners
- Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born Demi Lovato Gets New 'Warrior'-Inspired Tattoo [Pic]
- Hear This: Connections gives a Guided By Voices-indebted reason to go for the opener Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing
- Reese Witherspoon Joins Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice' CBS Fall 2013 Trailers: Sarah Michelle Gellar's 'Crazy Ones,' Anna Faris' Mom' and More! Sony Trademarks Possible PlayStation 4 Slogan "Greatness Awaits"
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural CBS's 2013-2014 Schedule: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- Why They Went 'Crazy' 30 EPIC Wedding Disasters 'No One Lives Forever'
Where does Mariah Carey's '#Beautiful' #debut?Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Rappers will appear with Bone Thugs N Harmony and Wu-Tang ClanWednesday, May 15, 2013
'They Don't Know' featured on next album, 'X'Wednesday, May 15, 2013
'X Factor' judge's material doesn't always match her strong pipesTuesday, May 14, 2013