Lil Wayne says mom's love better than a car in Mother's Day missive
Rapper pens a love letter to his mom and his baby mamas from prison
Prisoners have mothers too. Lil Wayne has posted a glowing missive to his mother and to the mothers of his children, called “A Mother’s Worth” today on his website weezythanxyou.com. The letter also gives a little insight into his incarceration. Though primarily upbeat, he calls prison “a place where they attempt to break your spirit each day the sun rises.”
In the sweet essay, Weezy reminds us that a mother’s love is more precious than, say, a car. Good to know.
He thanks the mothers of his four children, pledging his respect, love and adoration. But he saves his fondest remarks for his mama, Ms. Cita: “Even writing this, it’s tough to come to grips with the fact I cannot spend this special day with you. Like you always preached, a man must accept his own actions – good and bad – and learn from them. And that’s what I’m doing. Mom, I love you more than you will ever know.”
Lil Wayne thanks his fans for their support and asked that they keep those letters coming, but laid down some guidelines: “I pray the letters keep coming in at the volume they are right now, especially the overseas ones. They let me know life still does move on, even if I forget at times. I just ask that you all keep the letters to one page. And keep sending the pictures, too.” Uh, we can only imagine what kind of pictures Lil Wayne is receiving. Perhaps from some potential future mamas?
By the way, the site also features a clock counting down to when Weezy gets sprung from the pen. As of May 7, he has 180 more days, in case, you too, are keeping count at home.
News From Our Partners
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Former Cast Member Bill Hader Reveals Justin Bieber Was Diva on 'SNL' Set Rihanna vs. Nicki Minaj: Which Diva Has the Best Booty? – Readers Poll Rita Ora Dyes Her Hair Bright Blue [Pics]
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- 'Rush' Trailer: The Risk of Death Turns People On Need for Speed Rivals Will Race onto Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Sonic: Lost World's Six New Characters are Teased
- WATCH: Jon Stewart Shuts Down Bill O'Reilly '900 Pound Man: The Race Against Time': Is It Too Late? Ashley Benson Is Not Dating All Of Her Friends
Go behind the scenes of the new magical Las Vegas extravaganzaThursday, May 23, 2013
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013