Listen: Natasha Bedingfield wants to 'Touch' you on new track
'Pocketful of Sunshine' gal hits the dance floor for ambient, hypnotic track
It is turning into a Diva-delicious summer. In the past two weeks, we’ve gotten new tracks from Katy Perry, Robyn, Christina Aguilera and Kylie Minogue, all of which are certain to burn up the dance floors in coming weeks. Now add Natasha Bedingfield to the list.
Bedingfield has massive hits, like “Unwritten” and “Pocketful of Sunshine,” but she still doesn’t have the name and face recognition of most of the women listed above. That’s not really likely to change with “Touch.” Guess what’s also unlikely to change? The near ubiquity of her songs in commercials. Expect the chorus of this one to be blaring at you from every body lotion or feminine hygiene ad for the next several months.
She doesn’t get a lot of credit for it since she seems like such a straight arrow and she’s not in the tabloids all the time, but Bedingfield takes cool musical risks. Here, on this deep dance track, she’s singing in a fairly flat monotone that matches the completely mundane details about which she’s detailing, surrounded by layers of ambient dance beats. But the chorus amps up everything, “when we dance, when we laugh, when we touch.” And the next thing you know you’re twirling around your apartment, singing along. Maybe that’s just me.
Ultimately, the song is about how no interaction is random and we are all interlinked, whether we realize it is another matter.
Bedingfield is wrapping up her next album, which is slated for a fall release.
What do you think of Natasha's new track? Is it a new summer anthem in the making?
News From Our Partners
- One Direction's Niall Horan Spends the Night With UK TV Star Louise Thompson Kelly Clarkson Denies 'American Idol' Judging Gig Did Justin Bieber Get a Kitten? [Pics]
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- 'Star Wars: Episode VI': What's Its Legacy... And Its Future? 'Arrested Development' Season Four: Eight Things To Remember 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In!
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- 'Avengers 2′ — Joss Whedon Talks Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy HD Will Let You Hold It on Your Mobile Device Will Smith Raps 'Fresh Prince' Theme with Jaden, Dances "Carlton" and "Apache" with Alfonso Ribiero
- WATCH: Gay Protest Turns Into Fashion Show What Netflix Really Wants Out Of 'Arrested Development' Game Of Desks Is HERE!
Singer takes to Facebook to respondSaturday, May 25, 2013
Who else debuts in the top 10?Saturday, May 25, 2013
The Purple One delivers goodies for the Memorial Day WeekendFriday, May 24, 2013
Singer also performs 'Beautiful' with MiguelFriday, May 24, 2013