Gwen Stefani signs on as L'Oreal spokeswoman, No Doubt back in the studio
Band started the 2011 dedicated to finishing a new album
Gwen Stefani is the new face of L’Oreal Paris cosmetics. She follows in the footsteps of Beyonce and Jennifer Lopez.
The first commercial featuring the No Doubt frontwoman pushing the brand will debut during The Golden Globe Awards on Sunday (Jan. 16).
[More after the jump...]
“I can’t believe I get to be one of the L’Oreal Paris girls,” Stefani said in a statement. “I love playing dress-up, onstage or shooting videos. It’s always been one of my favorite parts of being in a band.”
Oh yeah, what is the latest with that band? The one who hasn’t put an album of new studio material since 2001's "Rock Steady?" The very, very good news is that the group is back in the studio, according to guitarist Tom Dumont, who posted a statement on the band's website. Furthermore, he understands our confusion and dismay.
“I can see how our tweets might have been less than clear about our songwriting and recording process,” he says, adding that the band wrote songs last year, demoed them, went into the studio to record, but didn’t finish. As of last week, “we're back in a real studio really recording again. Excitedly!,” he says.
However, he warns of two impending work slowdowns for the best possible reasons: “There are two new ND babies coming soon, mine and Tony [Kanal's], so there will be a little delay for that. :-)...So the goal is to write a couple songs more this year and of course finish recording all of them.”
That’s great Tom, but what about a release date? And, furthermore, will every album come with a tube of L’Oreal Paris lipstick?
News From Our Partners
- Demi Lovato vs. Perrie Edwards – PopCrush Prom Queen of 2013, Round 3 Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video]
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
The Twitterverse says yes, her rep says noFriday, May 17, 2013
Watch the Foo Fighters' hilarious speech now before it airs on HBOThursday, May 16, 2013
Phoenix is also on soundtrack for Sofia Coppola-directed filmThursday, May 16, 2013
Where does Mariah Carey's '#Beautiful' #debut?Wednesday, May 15, 2013