Green Day reissues entire catalog on vinyl
New May album, '21st Century Breakdown,' also on vinyl
Before Green Day's new album, "21st Century Breakdown" comes out in May, there will be lots and lots of old Green Day coming your way.
The group's label, Reprise, is releasing the Bay-area punk pop band's entire catalog on 12-inch vinyl.
The reissue plan starts March 24 with "39/Smooth"' and "Kerplunk," both of which came out on Lookout! Records in the early ‘90s, before the band signed with Reprise.
Its first Reprise album-and major breakthrough-"Dookie"-will come out April 18, the second annual Record Store Day. The rest of the group's catalog will be rolled out chronologically throughout the year.
The records will be available on 140-gram vinyl and many will include 7-inch singles.
Additionally, Reprise will release a boxed set of Green Day singles spanning both the band's entire career and the career of their alter egos Foxboro Hot Tubs and The Network.
For more details, go to www.greenday.com.
News From Our Partners
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: The Rise of an American Legend 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Tickets go on sale on FridayTuesday, May 21, 2013
She is woman, hear her roarTuesday, May 21, 2013
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013