Primetime special to herald Grammy nominations announcement
CBS will air the Dec. 2 special live from Club Nokia as a one-hour special
For the second consecutive year, the nominations for the Grammy Awards will be announced live during a primetime special. "The Grammy Nominations Concert Live!!-Countdown to Music's Biggest Night" will air live Dec. 2 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
The one-hour special, beamed from Club Nokia in Los Angeles, will feature musicians announcing nominations in such top categories as album, single, record and new artist of the year, as well as include performances by several top artists.
The 52nd Annual Grammy Awards will take place Jan. 31 from Los Angeles' Staples Center. The awards were moved up a few weeks so as not to compete over viewers with the Winter Olympics or the Super Bowl. Doing so also meant that the eligibility period for projects shifted from Oct. 1-Sept. 30 to Oct. 1 to Aug. 31 for this term.
The announcements for the 51st Grammy awards took place during a primetime concert in December 2007 featuring John Mayer, Taylor Swift and Mariah Carey. The hour-long special came in fourth in its time slot, drawing around 7 million viewers. Portnow told me (in a story for Variety) last January that the nominations show was "a good solid beginning...It created an awareness level that we hadn't had."
News From Our Partners
- Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His Son Ho Young's Girlfriend Found Dead Listen to The-Dream Collaborate With Beyonce on 'Turnt'
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- Charlotte Robinson: Somer Bingham Talks LGBT Issues and Life After The Real L Word (AUDIO) PHOTOS: Has Ellen Had Enough Of LA? Jennifer Aniston On 'Friends' Reunion: 'We All Miss Working Together'
- Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single Watch This: Ronin is a triumph of crime-flick economy Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Tickets go on sale on FridayTuesday, May 21, 2013