Eminem signs two new acts to Shady Records
Rapper reunites with old friends for Slaughterhouse, adds Yelawolf
Eminem is letting no grass grow under his feet. Not only is he the leading nominee for the forthcoming Grammy Awards and his 2010 set, “Recovery,” was the top-selling album of the year in the U.S., he’s charging back up his business side.
Shady Records, the label he started in 1999 with manager Paul Rosenberg, has signed two new acts, rap group Slaughterhouse and rapper Yelawolf. The label has been relatively quiet lately. Its strongest successes, in addition to Eminem, of course, have been D12 and 50 Cent (in partnership with Dr. Dre's Aftermath).
[More after the jump...]
Yelawolf appeared on “You Ain’t No DJ,” a track on Big Boi’s “Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty” set and has released a series of mix tapes. The Alabama native is working on his full-length set now.
As we previously reported, Eminem is also ramping up his acting and producing activity. He’s been linked to star in two new films, “Southpaw” and “Random Acts of Violence, both of which will be co-produced by his partners in Shady Films, Rosenberg and Stuart Parr.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Tickets go on sale on FridayTuesday, May 21, 2013