Can Katy Perry hold off Rihanna another week atop the Billboard Hot 100?
Britney Spears zooms back into the Top 10
Katy Perry spends her third week at No. 1 with “E.T.” featuring Kanye West atop the Billboard Hot 100. The song, from her sophomore album “Teenage Dream,” continues to pick up steam at radio rising 6-2 on Billboard’s Radio Songs chart. The song also remains a strong digital seller, logging its fifth week at No. 1 on the Digital Songs chart.
Perry’s stint at No. 1 keeps Rihanna’s “S&M” at No. 2 for the third week on the Billboard Hot 100. Although on the Radio Songs chart, Rihanna trumps Perry as “S&M” remains No. 1 for the third week. However, the tune may surge next week to the top of the Hot 100 as the digital sales from Rihanna/Britney Spears’ remix of “S&M” factor in. Billboard estimates that both versions of the song could sell around 200,000 copies.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
[More after the jump...]
The bottom half of the top 10 features the same artists as last week, except Spears’ “Till the World Ends” rebounds back into the Top 10, surging 13-8, perhaps on the strength of the new video for the track. Chris Brown’s “Look At Me Now” featuring Lil Wayne and Busta Rhymes falls from 6 - 7, switching places with Jeremih’s “Down On Me” featuring 50 Cent. Jennifer Lopez’s “On the Floor” featuring Pitbull moves 8-9, while Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep” holds at No. 10.
The hot debut on the Billboard Hot 100 belongs to Blake Shelton’s “Honey Bee,” which he debuted during the Academy of Country Music Awards. The song bursts onto the chart at No. 13. It marks the highest Hot 100 debut for a solo male country artist since Garth Brooks’ “Lost In You,” recorded as Chris Gaines, bowed at No 5 in 1999. Also leaping into the top 20 is Pitbull’s “Give Me Everything” featuring Ne-Yo, Afro-Jack and Nayer, which catapults 60-17.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- Please Watch New 'Arrested Development' In Order & Not At Once From 'Idol' Contestants To Judges? From 'Unfabulous' To 'American Horror Story'
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Tickets go on sale on FridayTuesday, May 21, 2013