Can Drake outsell Sade and Lady A's first week sales next week?
No. 1 debut is certain, the only question is how much will 'Thank Me Later' sell
Drake can thank us all later for making “Thank Me Later” one of the biggest debuts of the year. The set, his official first full-length, is poised to sell as much as 470,000 copies in its first week on the Billboard 200. That would make it the third highest opening frame of the year behind Sade’s “Soldier of Love” and this year’s best seller, Lady Antebellum’s “Need You Now.”
The first four titles on next week’s chart are all new, according to Hits Daily Double. Far, far behind Drake, but high enough to come in at No. 2 will likely be Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers’ “Mojo. The band’s first studio set in years will move slightly more than 105,000 copies. “Now 34” and Sarah McLachlan’s first album in seven years, “Laws of Illusion” are too close to call right now but will land in the No. 3 and No. 4 spots.
Jack Johnson’s former No. 1, “To the Sea,” will likely be No. 5.
The rest of the top 10 looks to be “Twilight Saga: Eclipse” soundtrack at No. 6, Justin Bieber’s “My World 2.0” at No. 7, Christina Aguilera’s “Bionic” at No. 8, this week’s No. 1, the Glee Cast’s “Journey to Regionals” at No. 9 and Lady A’s “Need You Now” at No. 10. It’s worth nothing that “Need You Now” has been in the top 10 since its release in January.
News From Our Partners
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013