Can Arcade Fire keep Eminem out of the top spot for another week?
How does Mike Posner's debut fare?
Eminem’s “Recovery” shows its buoyancy as it floats back to the top of the Billboard 200 next week. As you know, Arcade Fire’s “The Suburbs” narrowly (by 4,000 units) pushed “Recovery” from the top spot to No. 2 this week, but “Recovery” is set to outsell “The Surburbs” by a 3:1 margin this week, according to Hits Daily Double.
Four titles may debut in the top 10 next week: “Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam,” which features the Jonas Bros., will likely come in at No. 3, while Zakk Wylde’s project, Black Label Society, will see its latest bow at No. 4.
A huge hit in “Cooler than Me” can’t lift newcomer Mike Posner’s first major label set, “31 Minutes to Takeoff, above the No. 5 slot. (He’s just the latest in a long line of artists who generate big radio hits and strong digital downloads, but can’t sell albums). Blake Shelton’s 6-song EP comes in around No. 7 with sales of around 35,000.
News From Our Partners
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013