Black Eyed Peas, Tim McGraw and Flo Rida lead Nov. 30 release slate
Tim McGraw and Soulja Boy also check in
After two extremely crowded release slates, we start to see the trickle to year’s end begin. To be sure, there are still big acts putting out new sets this week, such a The Black Eyed Peas and Flo Rida, but don’t look for a near total takeover of the Billboard 200 as we’ve seen in recent weeks.
[More after the jump...]
Eric Benet, “Lost in Time” (Reprise): Smooth R&B singer releases fifth studio album with a little help from Faith Evans, Chrisette Michele and Ledisi. First single “Sometimes I Cry” also registered high on the Urban AC chart.
The Black Eyed Peas, “The Beginning” (Interscope): After “The E.N.D.” comes “The Beginning,” right? In this case, it comes wrapped in the usual array of beats, raps and the occasional melody. If “The Time [Dirty Bit]” is any indication, Fergie, Will.I.Am and the others have another hit on their hands.
El DeBarge, “Second Chance” (Geffen): DeBarge returns after a 16-year absence, working with new producers like Michael Angelo, as well as evergreens such as Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis. Guest include Faith Evans (Who does she think she is? Nicki Minaj?), 50 Cent and Fabulous.
Flo Rida, “Only One Flo, Part 1” (Poe Boy/Atlantic): Top-selling digital download artist releases his third album, which includes his hit, “Club Can’t Handle Me,” and assistance from Dr. Luke, Lil Wayne, Ludacris and Gucci Mane.
Tim McGraw, “Number One Hits” (Curb): Country superstar releases another best-of set with addition of new song, “Felt Good on My Lips.”
Soulja Boy, “The DeAndre Way” (Stacks on Deck/Interscope): Soulja Boy, born DeAndre Way, puts out his third album loaded with singles “Pretty Boy Swag” and “Blowing Me Kisses.”
Jazmine Sullivan, “Love Me Back” (J): Former Grammy nominee for best new artist and Billboard’s Rising Star Award honoree comes back with second album chock full of personal songs, including “Bust Your Windows,” a tune about bashing up an ex’s car, according to NPR. Watch out!
Various Artists, “Glee: The Music, Vol. 4 (Columbia): In the continuous, never-ending stream that is “Glee” releases comes this 18-track set from Season Two, including New Direction’s chart-topping take on “Teenage Dream,” “Forget You” (with Gwyneth Paltrow), “Marry You” and “(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life.”
News From Our Partners
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013