Black Eyed Peas and Jason Mraz make Hot 100 history
Is this why you can't get 'I'm Yours' out of your head?
The Black Eyed Peas have set the record for most weeks logged atop the Billboard Hot 100. "Boom Boom Pow," the first single from "The E.N.D." spent 12 weeks at No. 1, only to be pushed out of the top spot by the Peas' second single from "The E.N.D.," "I Gotta Feeling." That catchy ditty registers its eighth week at No. 1 this week, for a combined record-setting 20 weeks at the top for the Peas, according to Billboard. The Peas break Usher's 19-week run from 2004 with "Yeah" and "Burn."
The Peas may have spent more time on the mountain top than any one else, but Mraz has logged the most time on the mountain. If you think you've been hearing "I'm Yours" forever and a day, well, you're right. "I'm Yours," Mraz's pleasant little reggae-based lilting song about love, has set the record for the most weeks on the Billboard Hot 100.
As of this week, the song has been on the chart for 70 weeks, beating a record held since 1999 by LeAnn Rimes for "How Do I Live." "I'm Yours," which has sold more than 4 million copies, topped four pop charts, CHR/Top 40, Triple A, Hot AC and AC. However, it never topped the Billboard Hot 100; it peaked at No. 6.
News From Our Partners
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013