Billboard 200 chart preview: Can Britney Spears knock Chris Brown out of No. 1?
Britney Spears’ “Femme Fatale” will handily come in at the top of the Billboard 200 next week with sales of up to 290,000. That’s a nice number, to be sure, but it a far cry from the 505,000 copies that her 2008 album, “Circus,” sold in its opening frame.
She bumps label mate, Chris Brown, out of the top spot as “F.A.M.E.” will tumble to No. 4. Rapper Wiz Kalifa’s “Rolling Papers” moves up to 195,000, making it a lock for No. 2 as it is poised to sell more than 100,000 copies over No. 3, Adele’s “21.”
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
[More after the jump...]
The digital-only, multi-artist collection “Songs for Japan,” whose sales go toward Japan earthquake/tsunami relief, should come in at No. 5 with sales of 70,000. Conversely, Radiohead’s “King of Limbs” logs on at No. 6 as the physical CD version comes out several weeks after the band made the digital only version available on its website.
Rapper Snoop Dogg’s “Doggumentary” looks like it will bow at No. 8, while gospel duo Mary Mary’s “Something Big” sneaks in at No. 10 (although it’s too close to tell as “Something Big” is battling titles from Kirk Franklin and Mumford and Sons, with all looking to sell between 35,000-40,000, so we’ll have to see who settles into No. 9,10, and 11 spots when the chart is released on Wednesday.
News From Our Partners
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013
The Twitterverse says yes, her rep says noFriday, May 17, 2013