Billboard 200 chart preview: Buble and Adele crack open the bubbly
How do the Grammy nominations affect sales?
Michael Buble is having a great Christmas. After topping the Billboard 200 this week with the slimmest of margins over Nickelback with his holiday album, “Christmas,” it looks like the crooner is on top to stay through the holidays.
Buble is on track to sell around 275,000 copies of his holiday sparkler next week, giving him a 2-to-1 lead over his next competitor, Adele’s “21,” which likely soars five spots back to No. 2 following her six Grammy nominations.
With major releases slowing to a trickle (other than the Black Keys next week) until 2012, we’re likely to see no debuts in the Billboard top 10 next week, but here’s how it looks so far: Justin Bieber’s holiday title, “Under the Mistletoe” is neck and neck with “21” for second place. Former No. 1 title, “Take Care” from “Drake” could hit the 100,000 mark while remaining at No. 4, and Mary J. Blige’s “My Life ll-The Journey Continues” will stay at No. 5.
There’s a dead heat between Nickleback’s “Here & Now” and Rihanna’s “Talk That Talk” for No. 6 and No. 7 with each slated to sell upwards of 75,000. Andrea Bocelli’s “Concerto: One Night In Central Park” looks good for No. 8, while “Now 40” and Coldplay’s “Mylo Xyloto” should be No. 9 and No. 10 next week respectively (although Coldplay may get its butt kicked by little Jackie Evancho and her latest holiday offering).
News From Our Partners
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- Hear This: With “Deceptacon,” Le Tigre captured the sound of youth in a song Watch This: Walter Hill’s The Driver is all about work done well Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling
- Joe Satran: Who's Winning The 'Game Of Thrones'? Andrew Jenks: Where Guns Are as Common as Cell Phones Renee Graziano: Look Before You Love
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013
Plus, watch Dave Grohl perform 'Bitch' with The Rolling StonesMonday, May 20, 2013
Guests on third country set include Lady Antebellum and Sheryl CrowMonday, May 20, 2013
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and Prince set to performSunday, May 19, 2013