2010 Grammys: Beyonce, Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift vie for album of the year
Are the Black Eyed Peas and Dave Matthews Band possible spoilers?
With the Grammy Awards 48 hours away, we're down to our last prediction and it's a biggie. Today we look at the contenders for the award everyone wants to win: album of the year.
Album of the Year
There’s usually one album that is not like the others in this category and it’s usually the one that wins. Think last year’s “Raising Sand” from Alison Krauss and Robert Plant, or further, such as Steely Dan’s “Two Against Nature” win in 2001 or “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” in 2002 or “River: The Joni Letters” from Herbie Hancock in 2008. The slightly off-center selection this year is Dave Matthews Band’s “Big Whiskey and the Groogrux King.” For that reason, a number of pundits have picked it to win—certainly not because it signifies a high water mark for the band. This is a race between Beyonce, whose star continues to rise ever higher, and relative newcomers Gaga and Swift. Although we think Beyonce is the most deserving, Swift will get the Nashville vote and a fair amount of mainstream vote so we’re going with her.
The Grammy goes to: “Fearless,” Taylor Swift
Who do you think should win Best Album this year? Vote in our poll and share your thoughts below.
Below are our previous predictions
Best new artist
Record of the year
Song of the year
Best rock performance by duo or group
Best male pop vocal performance
Best female pop vocal performance
Best pop group performance
Best alternative album
Best rock song
Best pop vocal album
News From Our Partners
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- Jennifer Aniston Strips In New Movie AMC Boss Reveals Plans For 'The Walking Dead's' Future Amy's Baking Co. Owner Facing Deportation?
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- Interview: Arrested Development’s Jeffrey Tambor on the show’s return and inevitable movie Gateways To Geekery: An initiation into the psychedelic sci-fi rock of Hawkwind Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single
- Rihanna Bares Butt on Instagram [Pic] Kid Ink to Release 'Almost Home' EP on May 28, Tour With Kendrick Lamar Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad
- Netflix's 'Hemlock Grove': Is Season 2 in the Cards? 'Arrow' Season 2: What Major Scene Was Cut From the Finale? J.J. Abrams Adresses 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Underwear Scene by Showing Benedict Cumberbatch Showering
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Who deserved the 2010 Grammy Award for Album of the Year?
Quartet hopes to put out new set 'in the next year'Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Daft Punk scores its first Top 10 hitWednesday, May 22, 2013
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Tickets go on sale on FridayTuesday, May 21, 2013